• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with the basking spot

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
I just got the exo-terra 36-18-18 yesterday..I am so excited to get it up and running ..I will be using reptisun TH50 24 inch hood on top of the mesh top..I had tiles cut for the floor today as well..I am having trouble finding a basking spot tall enough..No petstore near me had anything i could use.. Any sugesstions ? I think i need my dragon to be 10 or 11 inches from the uvb light...any help would be greatly appreciated.. I want to make sure my temps are correct before changing my dragon to his new home..Thanks a bunch..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My favorite basking spot was a nice piece of Mopani wood. I always took the chance and blindly bought a large or xtra large piece on Amazon and it always looked great. Only a few times we had to make a little modification to it.

jessica1919

Hatchling Dragon
My favorite basking spot was a nice piece of Mopani wood. I always took the chance and blindly bought a large or xtra large piece on Amazon and it always looked great. Only a few times we had to make a little modification to it.
Patsy, how does this look? To crowded? Thanks

Attachments

• 100_2900.JPG
    100_2900.JPG
    843.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 100_2902.JPG
    100_2902.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 42