• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with diet

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
So as most know, a lot of mixed info out there. 1 page will say a certain salad etc is good for daily in take then another says it's not etc.

I've been told snap sugar peas, rocket and parsnip is a good staple daily salad... Then I find rocket isn't on most and the other two are occasionally.

I'm really confused.

Can someone or a few people list what they feed their adult beardie a day for salad please? Probably get a lot of mixed but I just want to know what I can feed her daily as I've just got her and I want to give her the best loving and caring home as I possibly can.

Thank you.

Daniel.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So as most know, a lot of mixed info out there. 1 page will say a certain salad etc is good for daily in take then another says it's not etc.

I've been told snap sugar peas, rocket and parsnip is a good staple daily salad... Then I find rocket isn't on most and the other two are occasionally.

I'm really confused.

Can someone or a few people list what they feed their adult beardie a day for salad please? Probably get a lot of mixed but I just want to know what I can feed her daily as I've just got her and I want to give her the best loving and caring home as I possibly can.

Thank you.

Daniel.

Hi Daniel Alot of us go by this website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Another good green to feed is dandelions -- fresh from the yard do not feed if they have been sprayed for pesticides tho --- or if your neighbor has sprayed -- sometimes farmers markets will have dandelion greens --- prickly pear cactus pads are a good staple feeder as well those can be ordered off of Amazon -- but most go by the website I posted check the website for the sugar peas and the parsnip rocket is good for a staple -- I feed mine collard greens w/ turnip or mix around like kale / w collard or turnip --- I dont feed mustard so much as they go bad so fast- I feed yellow squash / zucchini sweet potato raw shredded -- some apple at times only occasional along w/ strawberries blueberries raspberries -- since it has alot of sugar in it fruit is recommended only occasional

Hadenuffyet

Juvenile Dragon

I'm really confused.

Thank you.

Daniel.
Have you tried sprinkling bee pollen on top.

Danjw

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Daniel Alot of us go by this website http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
Another good green to feed is dandelions -- fresh from the yard do not feed if they have been sprayed for pesticides tho --- or if your neighbor has sprayed -- sometimes farmers markets will have dandelion greens --- prickly pear cactus pads are a good staple feeder as well those can be ordered off of Amazon -- but most go by the website I posted check the website for the sugar peas and the parsnip rocket is good for a staple -- I feed mine collard greens w/ turnip or mix around like kale / w collard or turnip --- I dont feed mustard so much as they go bad so fast- I feed yellow squash / zucchini sweet potato raw shredded -- some apple at times only occasional along w/ strawberries blueberries raspberries -- since it has alot of sugar in it fruit is recommended only occasional

Ye that table chart I can't find Rocket. But I have been told it's a good staple food for a daily intake. I know some people just stick with rocket as so many conflicting info out there.

I'll give her rocket with sugar peas then next day rocket with parsnip and then rocket with something else next day I think and just rotate like that.

This is what I put in her Viv before leaving for work which is rocket, parsnip and sugar snap peas. All cut up in small pieces.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_055707.jpg
    IMG_20210329_055707.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ye that table chart I can't find Rocket. But I have been told it's a good staple food for a daily intake. I know some people just stick with rocket as so many conflicting info out there.

I'll give her rocket with sugar peas then next day rocket with parsnip and then rocket with something else next day I think and just rotate like that.

This is what I put in her Viv before leaving for work which is rocket, parsnip and sugar snap peas. All cut up in small pieces.
looks good I would do variety like changing up the greens shown on the chart they like variety and get bored eating the same stuff ---