• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help with beardie

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi, my bearded dragon has recently gotten these spots on his tail and stomach just as he started shedding. Its starting to turn yellow and I'm afraid he's getting sick. I've been feeding him regularly, though now he wants more than usual, and I've given him powered calcium with his food daily. His feces is ok and doesn't have anything weird or unusual. Here is some photos of the spots, anyone know what to do?

Attachments

• IMG_4042.JPG
    IMG_4042.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • boris.JPG
    boris.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4043.JPG
    IMG_4043.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4044.JPG
    IMG_4044.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, my bearded dragon has recently gotten these spots on his tail and stomach just as he started shedding. Its starting to turn yellow and I'm afraid he's getting sick. I've been feeding him regularly, though now he wants more than usual, and I've given him powered calcium with his food daily. His feces is ok and doesn't have anything weird or unusual. Here is some photos of the spots, anyone know what to do?
I am gonna have some one look at this for me and get back w/ you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Here is what the person I had look at the pics had to say

It looks fungal, maybe could use a dab of watered down betadine every day and after it dries some antifungal cream like Lamisil or Monistat.

If this does not help please get the dragon into a reptile vet that can better take care of it - they need need to do a culture to see exactly what it is but try the remedy above first and go from there
www.arav.org to find a reptile vet -- if your in a smaller town or area type in a zip code for a bigger city near you

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg

It looks fungal, maybe could use a dab of watered down betadine every day and after it dries some antifungal cream like Lamisil or Monistat.

If this does not help please get the dragon into a reptile vet that can better take care of it - they need need to do a culture to see exactly what it is but try the remedy above first and go from there
www.arav.

www.arav.org to find a reptile vet -- if your in a smaller town or area type in a zip code for a bigger city near you
Actually I did use the watered-down betadine and antifungal cream as medicine due to my beardie's tail turning darkish. But its weird because I only applied to his tail, nowhere else. And i did visit a vet for this and she just said that as he grows and shed more after months, it will go away, even though I guess it got worse. I'll try for an appointment there but I'll look around first for any other vet. Thank you for the reply!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok the tail did it shed? Usually they will change color not uncommon- usually if it's shed the betadine and lamisil will not help--as for the other skin issue how long has it been this way? And I would try that see what it does

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok the tail did it shed? Usually they will change color not uncommon- usually if it's shed the betadine and lamisil will not help--as for the other skin issue how long has it been this way? And I would try that see what it does
Most of his tail did shed except for the tip. For the part that shedded, it did change and became a little lighter which matches with the rest of his body. He is done shedding mostly, just the tail and his feet. The spots on his tail have been there ever since I put the betadine (months ago) and the ones on his stomach and beginning of tail just started two weeks ago (a week after he started shedding). I can also share pics of his tail if preferred.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most of his tail did shed except for the tip. For the part that shedded, it did change and became a little lighter which matches with the rest of his body. He is done shedding mostly, just the tail and his feet. The spots on his tail have been there ever since I put the betadine (months ago) and the ones on his stomach and beginning of tail just started two weeks ago (a week after he started shedding). I can also share pics of his tail if preferred.
It sounds like those spots are stained now-- post pics of the tail please

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
It sounds like those spots are stained now-- post pics of the tail please
Here's his tail (tip is where I put the betadine + antifungal creme)

Attachments

• IMG_4096.JPG
    IMG_4096.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4097.JPG
    IMG_4097.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4098.JPG
    IMG_4098.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are you using for substrate and at what strength of betadine did you use?

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are you using for substrate and at what strength of betadine did you use?
Sorry for late response, but I had used antifungal crème to substrate it and I used half a teaspoon of it with a bowl full of water. Also update; there's yellow around his dark spots and I have booked an appointment with the vet, Thank you for your help though.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry for late response, but I had used antifungal crème to substrate it and I used half a teaspoon of it with a bowl full of water. Also update; there's yellow around his dark spots and I have booked an appointment with the vet, Thank you for your help though.
Ok please tell us what they find -- any loose substrate in the tank I would get rid of --- loose substrate tends to harbor bacteria --- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok please tell us what they find -- any loose substrate in the tank I would get rid of --- loose substrate tends to harbor bacteria --- you can use some textured NON adhesive shelf liner cut to the size of the tank its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --
Will do! and there isn't any substance in the tank though I will clean it incase. Thank you for the help! :)

Jay99999

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi so my beardie is all healthy and his tail is alright. He's shedding and getting better. I cleaned his cage and now looking for much better lighting since he's a bit older now. Thank you for the help and I am sorry I have not replied in a long time, life got in the way. Thank you again!