• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP!! No heat!!

Beardie Lover

Juvenile Dragon
So, my heat bulb went out and I can’t get another until tomorrow afternoon. I am worried cause it has been cold where I live. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep my baby warm? I already covered her tank to keep in as much heat as possible. Anything else? I also have a heat mat I can use??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, my heat bulb went out and I can’t get another until tomorrow afternoon. I am worried cause it has been cold where I live. I was wondering if there is anything I can do to keep my baby warm? I already covered her tank to keep in as much heat as possible. Anything else? I also have a heat mat I can use??
Heat mats are really no good unless your wanting ambient temps- are you talking about the basking bulb? You can try a household bulb regular no LEDs - you can try a 75 or 100 watt but you MUST have a digital probe thermometer- if your wanting heat at nite get a ceramic heat emitter- you only need it if your temps are dropping below 65 at night-

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
Hot water bottle, put comfy blanket on it, make sure it's not too hot,. My power was out last fall for full day and 1/2 my dragon snuggled that bottle whole day.