• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Draco Likes Apples

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi-
First time bearded dragon owner here. I just got my bearded dragon, who is four years old, from a close friend three ish weeks ago. Since then, the only thing she’s eaten is 10 mealworms last Saturday and a bit of apple and 4 mealworms today. I had to basically force feed her to get her to eat something. I am worried that she is not eating. She his finishing up shedding, and it is winter. Thanks for any help!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum..Please post some pictures of your set up and what are your basking and UVB bulbs?? What are your temps??
You may want to change the protein source from mealworms as they even in adults can be hard to digest because they contain a high amount of chitlin in their shells..The dragon really needs to by hydrated to keep them moving thru and not cause an impaction. What greens are you offering? Their main greens should be Collard greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens, turnip greens. Fruits should be a minimum due to sugar content..