• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! My bearded dragon looks dead.

Grace Harrell

Bearded Dragon Egg
Today we noticed that my brother's bearded dragon looked lethargic and discolored. She wasn't very responsive. We took her to the vet and they said that she hasn't been able to eat or drink properly because there was something stuck in her throat. They sedated her and then pulled out a piece of bloody lettuce. It cut up her insides a bit, but the vet said that she'd be fine, she'd bleed a little, and we'd have to syringe feed her the next week. That was a couple hours ago. Now she's bleeding a lot from the mouth, and I can't tell if she's breathing. She has normal coloration. I can't tell of she's dead. Please, does anyone know another way for me to check? A place to check for a pulse or a reflex. I don't know if she's just heavily sedated or what.

Birdey

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I’m so sorry!! I bet you did you give her a good life! And best wishes to you and your family. So sorry for your loss.