• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help! male dragon won't touch female!

eccarnell

Bearded Dragon Egg
this is my second time breeding my beardies. the first (about six weeks ago) was apparently unsuccessful. (if any of you have tips on what I might have done wrong that would be helpful too) but this time I put her in the males tank and his beard puffed up and got black like normal but unlike the first time he won't mate with her.
the first time he was on top of her in the first 5 minutes but this time he won't touch her. please help!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
this is my second time breeding my beardies. the first (about six weeks ago) was apparently unsuccessful. (if any of you have tips on what I might have done wrong that would be helpful too) but this time I put her in the males tank and his beard puffed up and got black like normal but unlike the first time he won't mate with her.
the first time he was on top of her in the first 5 minutes but this time he won't touch her. please help!!
I will get some help on this -this is what they said
It's totally up to the beardie, animals only mate if they want to so there's nothing to do except try again