• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Looking for some insight on our baby!!

Ashly Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone,
I’m looking for some insight to my current situation. My BD started to show signs of fatigue and Stopped eating a few days ago. It worried me because normally he had a great appetite and loved his crickets. We took him to the vet the next morning and he had to stay overnight. When I picked him up this morning the vet informed me that the issues was due to part of his intestines not functioning. He gave him fluids and antibiotics and a few other injections and he has to go back Monday morning. We have been so upset and my daughter is just absolutely heartbroken. He told us to not give up hope but looking at our poor baby he doesn’t look good at all. He still isn’t eating and not active at all. I’m afraid he won’t make it through the night from the looks of him. My question is...

1.has anyone else experienced this and if so what was the outcome?
2. Is there any chance of him pulling through this?
3. Can this issue be resolved or corrected?

I’m trying to prepare myself for the worst and also my children.

Thank you in advance ♥️

mamaof2dragons

Juvenile Dragon
how's your little guy doing today? was the vet an experienced reptile vet? I've never heard of this before. I hope he's doing better and can pull thru. keep us posted.

Ashly Johnson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey, so far he is hanging in there. Yes he sees and takes care of many reptiles and came highly recommend. Thank you for the concern. I will definitely keep this updated as we know more.

Culturalism

Bearded Dragon Egg
so sorry to hear this Ashly hopefully your little guy makes it! Never really heard of this issue but theres a few things u can look for , Is he pooping? or has pooped recently? Are your temps good? basking should be 105-110 cold side 80-90. Maybe try hand feeding him something different like some wet food.