• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP. I have a surrender baby bearded

Faithwils

Bearded Dragon Egg
So let me start by saying I’ve had a bearded dragon before also from poor care prior. She did come in super super sick we got her happy healthy and hydrated and she laid he first clutch. Came in that morning to turn her baskers on and she was Grey and unresponsive. Took her to the vet and she had an egg get stuck and she ended up not making it. We looked at my diet, care, cage, lights everything. Vet said there was nothing I could’ve done different. I havent been ready for one since Margo but yesterday we went to look at snakes and the girl mentioned a disabled baby beardie. I automatically went to take a look and hold him and noticed right away he was severely impacted and had lost his bag leg movements, dehydrated from not being to get to water and so so so weak. We talked and I left. She called back and offered her to me for free which I accepted because I figured we’d have a better shot. I called my vet and they didn’t think it was worth it and to basically begin hospice NOT what I wanna do. I’ve started with an iodine and water sick to clear up the risk of any infection, immediately got him under the proper bulbs, Began soaking him and massaging the area, administered saline solution, and slurry of baby food, pedialite, and calcium, taken him out into the sun to help kick start that vitamin D3 so he can absorb the calcium and more. I’m really trying here we’ve done all this and I’ve only him since last night. I know it’s along post all to say.. this morning for his soak I noticed what seemed to be a Uraite plug loosening up on his bum, since he can’t move much at all I took a Cotten swab and ran him under some warm water and knocked it off! Then I could FINALLY see his poop… my biggest question is can I help remove the poop I know enemas are dangerous but also not doing anything is too.. can just take my finger it a swab and help get some out and I mean gently obviously and not poking up there just what’s right at the bum hole can I help pull it out I guess. Little dude ain’t gonna make for much longer I feel if I just sit around or do what my vet said.
EBAB7E2F-CEF9-4E79-A8A7-34EF8CD7E269.jpeg

Attachments

• E0D51765-C058-4908-8EC0-4AEB5A4FB58A.jpeg
    E0D51765-C058-4908-8EC0-4AEB5A4FB58A.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
  • 7E867929-2671-41FB-8380-64A447C27785.jpeg
    7E867929-2671-41FB-8380-64A447C27785.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also I’ve never used this website before I just super desperate
Please wash his vent off ---- next feed him some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and a drop of honey- feed till he poops I would start w/ like 1 ml or so - if he will lick it off a spoon that would be great -- this is going to make him go to the bathroom -- do not feed any insects or salads at this time - next make sure his basking surface temps are 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and make sure your using a long tube UVB fixture --- No coils they are inadequate! If you need more help please ask but you need all this things correct so he can pass what ever the impaction is --

Faithwils

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please wash his vent off ---- next feed him some baby food pumpkin add a drop of olive oil and a drop of honey- feed till he poops I would start w/ like 1 ml or so - if he will lick it off a spoon that would be great -- this is going to make him go to the bathroom -- do not feed any insects or salads at this time - next make sure his basking surface temps are 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer and make sure your using a long tube UVB fixture --- No coils they are inadequate! If you need more help please ask but you need all this things correct so he can pass what ever the impaction is --
He did end up passing I forgot to mention in my top thread that I did administer some olive oil as well, he was just so small and weak

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He did end up passing I forgot to mention in my top thread that I did administer some olive oil as well, he was just so small and weak
Are you syringe feeding him? What are you feeding? How is he doing now? He must have correct surface basking temps and uvb to survive those are a must-

Faithwils

Bearded Dragon Egg
Are you syringe feeding him? What are you feeding? How is he doing now? He must have correct surface basking temps and uvb to survive those are a must-
He passed and all of those things were correct, he was simply so sick for his whole little life :(

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww I am so sorry- it's so hard on us to try and save them and have them not make it- I know the feeling all too well- it rips your heart out- bless you for taking the time tho-