• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help front shoulders immobile

BeardoWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Help my Beardo suddenly lost use of his front arms. He’s pooping fine. Eating much less but still eating can lift head and scoots around with his chin and back legs. He winces if his arms are touched but is happy to be held. Can’t get in to see vet for another week. Vet hospital maybe?

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Help my Beardo suddenly lost use of his front arms. He’s pooping fine. Eating much less but still eating can lift head and scoots around with his chin and back legs. He winces if his arms are touched but is happy to be held. Can’t get in to see vet for another week. Vet hospital maybe?
Please post a clearer pic of him and of his legs- what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils- it sounds like mbd- are his legs swollen?

BeardoWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please post a clearer pic of him and of his legs- what are you using for a uvb? Please no coils- it sounds like mbd- are his legs swollen?
I just found out about uvb and the light we have is not. He is my sons and I took him while we all moved into a new place. I am headed out to go buy a new light fixture as we speak. I will post another picture when I return. His right arm is a little swollen missing mongers are from previous owner I have no idea what happened to him in that injury. It appears he is hurt in the shoulder area he is ok being picked up and I have him on a rolled up towel with a heating pad for now. I gave him a bath and he seems ok. He loves the water. He also just currently started shedding. He is eating mustard and collard greens shredded carrots and some all natural baby food with pumpkin and apple.

BeardoWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
I just found out about uvb and the light we have is not. He is my sons and I took him while we all moved into a new place. I am headed out to go buy a new light fixture as we speak. I will post another picture when I return. His right arm is a little swollen missing mongers are from previous owner I have no idea what happened to him in that injury. It appears he is hurt in the shoulder area he is ok being picked up and I have him on a rolled up towel with a heating pad for now. I gave him a bath and he seems ok. He loves the water. He also just currently started shedding. He is eating mustard and collard greens shredded carrots and some all natural baby food with pumpkin and apple.
Also the loss of use was literally sudden. Don’t know what happened

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Also the loss of use was literally sudden. Don’t know what happened
Sounds like mbd- your dragon has been getting sick and not showing signs that I know of besides the sudden loss of use of legs - please tell me what your using for a uvb this is critical

BeardoWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sounds like mbd- your dragon has been getting sick and not showing signs that I know of besides the sudden loss of use of legs - please tell me what your using for a uvb this is critical
There has been no uvb I am headed to go get one now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There has been no uvb I am headed to go get one now
This dragon is suffering from mbd- it is not reversible - we can help stop it from getting any worse - do you have a pet Smart?