• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Broken Tail

msv403

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

I need help! I noticed that my bearded dragon tail is a little broken (almost the end of her tail) not sure what happened. Is there any safe ointment I can put on her broken tail?

Attachments

• 20210913_183322.jpg
    20210913_183322.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 18

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello,

I need help! I noticed that my bearded dragon tail is a little broken (almost the end of her tail) not sure what happened. Is there any safe ointment I can put on her broken tail?
Get some raw unpasteurized honey and dip the end of it in it - this will kill any infection that will start- DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank - it looks like it's going to fall off let it do that keep the honey on it till it scabs over watch for black starting that would be infection but the honey should take care of that

msv403

Bearded Dragon Egg
Get some raw unpasteurized honey and dip the end of it in it - this will kill any infection that will start- DO NOT leave any crickets in the tank - it looks like it's going to fall off let it do that keep the honey on it till it scabs over watch for black starting that would be infection but the honey should take care of that
I am so worried about her. I will try the honey. Thank you thank you so much!

Jprice21

Hatchling Dragon
Some sort of disinfectant like what was told previously and maybe a little extra calcium for it too heal quicker possibly since there tail is a bone

msv403

Bearded Dragon Egg
Some sort of disinfectant like what was told previously and maybe a little extra calcium for it too heal quicker possibly since there tail is a bone
Thank you for your help! I just tried the home remedy and hope everything works for our bearded dragon. She's eating and drinking so I guess that is a good sign.