• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help! basking light flickering

chiyo

Bearded Dragon Egg
hello! when i turned the basking light on, i noticed that it started to flicker then it just gave out. i have the the ZooMed Repti Basking Sun 100W bulb and only had it for a only about 3 months now. does anyone else have this problem? is it fixable? should i buy a new bulb? thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hello! when i turned the basking light on, i noticed that it started to flicker then it just gave out. i have the the ZooMed Repti Basking Sun 100W bulb and only had it for a only about 3 months now. does anyone else have this problem? is it fixable? should i buy a new bulb? thanks
I have had issues w/ those try getting a Exo Terra basking bulb -- see if they work better - I use them and they seem to last longer than the Zoo Med Repti basking ones

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
These bulbs can be incredibly fickle and it's super frustrating when they burn out so fast. Have you tried switching brands and/or fixtures?