• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP! baby beardie extremely injured

Jennarenee4711

Bearded Dragon Egg
How do I reduce swelling on baby beardies eye due to injury? Is there anyway I can minimize the pain? Does it sound like he has any broken bones?

I apologize in advance for the long post

Yesterday at I brought home a 4inch baby beardie. This happened at 1:30pm. I was holding him and my 13 inch dragon jumped up and bit him on the left side of his face. I dropped him from a foot high then because I was trying to get my larger beardie into his tank and away from the baby. The baby does not have any open wounds or bleeding. He started spinning and flopping around, I seriously thought he was dying. About 2 hours went by of me just trying to hold him still and calm him down and see if he was going to stay alive. His right eye is extremely swollen and I’m assuming it’s from the drop and also flopping around. I didn’t think he was going to stay alive through the night but he did and it’s now 9pm the next day. He has been very lethargic. He’s had his head tilted with the left side lower to the ground and the right (swollen) side in the air. When he tries to stand up and walk he just walks in a 360 circle with the left side of his body. He eventually loses his balance and slowly lays down on his left side. Today I have been using a dropper so force feed squash & chicken baby food, along with water. I also soaked him in a bath of half water, half pedialyte. He also pooped earlier today.

I thought he may have had broken bones somewhere in his head but since he is able to move his head all around & also open his mouth all the way, I don’t believe he does.

I also read that he could have internal bleeding but considering it’s been over 30 hours since the fall and he’s still alive, I don’t think that is the case either.

Any suggestions to further help him?

I understand seeing a vet would be the best option for him but the closest reptile vet is 2 hours away, I also can not afford what the bill could end up being, also due to the pandemic currently going on in the country I am not sure if they will even take new patients.

Attachments

• E6284880-0F9B-4D39-9028-0804F91E5D01.jpeg
    E6284880-0F9B-4D39-9028-0804F91E5D01.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 55
  • C2308185-F30E-4F92-A4C3-E59FDCDE4BB1.jpeg
    C2308185-F30E-4F92-A4C3-E59FDCDE4BB1.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 55
  • F7B272DA-EF90-4B7F-B4C8-1C7D609F6B44.jpeg
    F7B272DA-EF90-4B7F-B4C8-1C7D609F6B44.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 56