• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! Accidental Wax Spill On Bearded Dragon

Leaffall0430

Bearded Dragon Egg
I accidentally knocked over a candle which spilled off of my table into the terrarium. The candle was just lit, so the wax wasn't completely melted, but it was liquid enough to spill out. The top of my terrarium is wire mesh, so the wax spilled through, and a few drops landed on my lizard. I am worried he is really hurt, but he does not seem to be in pain. Do i wash it off, or let him shed it off, or should I take him to the vet immediately? I don't want him to get worse because of this down the line, so if anyone has any advice, I could really use it right now.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
It probably wasn't terribly hot by the time it landed on him, so I don't think you have to worry about burns, but I would try to take any if it off that you can remove without causing him undue stress.