• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello!

Herder79

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have kept many pets but never a reptile. I really like bearded dragons and am hoping to get one soon! Meanwhile, collecting all the info I can.

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Great! When you are ready to buy one get it from a well known breeder, not a chain pet store. Also already have enclosure setup and temps dialed in before you bring it home. If possible get an enclosure with doors in front, makes life much easier. Also get one that your dragon wont out grow in 6 months.

Herder79

Bearded Dragon Egg
Great! When you are ready to buy one get it from a well known breeder, not a chain pet store. Also already have enclosure setup and temps dialed in before you bring it home. If possible get an enclosure with doors in front, makes life much easier. Also get one that your dragon wont out grow in 6 months.
Thanks! What is a good size tank? I've read that 40 is the absolute minimum for an adult beardie but will this really be big enough?

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
I dont like to go by gallons when suggesting an enclosure but floor space which is more important. For buy it once and be done with it I would suggest 36"x21" minimum. A 48"x 21 or 24" even better. Something 17 or 18" tall. Once you get over 18" you need stronger bulbs which equal higher electric bill and harder to regulate. Front opening doors is a huge plus, as are inside lights. As a dragon can live 10+ years think of your enclosure as a long term investment. If lights are on top of lid its a real pain without front doors, and if top is mesh will lose heat quickly. I have several glass terrariums (aquarium style) out in the garage I rarely use except to quarantine a new arrival.

I like and use enclosures from dragons4you.com, ABS, light weight, doors, inside lights, easy to clean. Buy the right enclosure and you only buy once!

Herder79

Bearded Dragon Egg
I dont like to go by gallons when suggesting an enclosure but floor space which is more important. For buy it once and be done with it I would suggest 36"x21" minimum. A 48"x 21 or 24" even better. Something 17 or 18" tall. Once you get over 18" you need stronger bulbs which equal higher electric bill and harder to regulate. Front opening doors is a huge plus, as are inside lights. As a dragon can live 10+ years think of your enclosure as a long term investment. If lights are on top of lid its a real pain without front doors, and if top is mesh will lose heat quickly. I have several glass terrariums (aquarium style) out in the garage I rarely use except to quarantine a new arrival.

I like and use enclosures from dragons4you.com, ABS, light weight, doors, inside lights, easy to clean. Buy the right enclosure and you only buy once!

Those look awesome and reasonably priced! Could a small baby beardie be okay in his full grown home? I think I may know what I want for my birthday next month.

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
As long as you dont put to much in it that the feeders can hide. If you get one order with inside basking and UVB fixtures. If it gets below 60 in the room you will be keeping it order an additional fixture for the other side for a CHE.