• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello.......

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Is there anyone out there? In an attempt to strike up a discussion, I'm going to just blab on. I am melissa, the love of my life is snowball. I got him last summer as a rescue, it was love at first sight. We estimate that he is about two. He did his normal hiss and dance with me when I opened his box lol i laughed and scooped him up. I called him snowball because of the bunny from the secret life of pets...all tough and showy on the outside, but melts at a cuddle.

My on beardie friends don't understand why i love him so much and they kind of roll their yes at me when i drone on about him. which led me here, even though it seems real quiet,

I have him on a pellet diet, for i have tried to get him to eat every fruit or veggie that is beardie safe and he's a no go on it. He does love his hornworms, i spoil him. When he is eating, the dumb comes out.... it seems almost like he has a depth perception issue, it's hilarious to watch him aim for food repeatedly and not get it. I don't think it is just my guy, but they are super dumb, amazingly smart creatures.

Snowball has a vast array of human like expressions, he snubs me when i don't talk to him all day, i love it when he tilts his head to the side like he is pondering.The thing that amuses me most is how he cannot get out of his open tank. I have steps and everything for him to get out, but he still insists on finding a hole through the glass it seems. He love photo ops, I think i have more pictures of him than i do of my children.... aside from them being older and hating pictures.

I am really interested to find out what fun, cute or interesting, even dumb things that your babies do. I can always tell what mood snowball is in because he only goes light gold when he is happy. He loves to jump on the floor and terrorize my girl cat yuki, my boy cat neji doesn't care at all. My baby will go around the house headbobbing everything. He likes to headbob and chase yuki, which usually ends up in a lick to her nose (there is no black beard or posturing involved).

Bath time is not a super happy time He usually has to hold my hand and tail is up for 75% of it. He does love his scrubs with a soft toothbrush though. After the bath, he gets swaddled in his towel which he loves, for like 5 minutes until he feels the need to explore. He doesn't seem to like the warm temps much, i usually have to put him in his hammock which i only keep between 95 and 105. I figure this is just his personal preference. He lets me know he is happy or unhappy. I have never owned a reptile before him, and i don't know why i waited so long. There are still a few little minor things i am figuring out, but i love it.

so now that i have droned on, please feel free to talk about anything related to your baby. I dont have many people who understand. It truly is a pet that many other people have an irrational fear or disinterest in.

Show me this place has life in it :D

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the back story on Snowball! Sure sounds like quite the character but then again most of them have pretty funny quirks.
Many here work during the day and have multiple critters that they have to tend to afterwards, and we have alot of new comers. I myself am disabled and I'm home for the most part. I try to be around during the day for issues that come up however I have health issues that have been difficult to manage.
I have 3 dragons: Izzy almost 3 year old female, Simon almost 2 year old male, Cooper about 8 month old male leatherback. 3 cats, 1 Am Bulldog and a Betta. These babies keep me on my toes that's for sure lol Izzy loves to watch TV, me or the coming and goings of the cats/dog. Cooper does the same as his tank is below Izzy's in our living room. Simon is in our kitchen so he watches us in the kitchen, out the window checking out the birds and then keeps tabs on me while I'm watching tv..

Well that's about all my fingers can type for now.. look forward to seeing more from ya

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
Snowball sounds adorable! I love it when people are into their reptiles, most people don't understand that they have distinct personalities and capable of bonding.

20170417_094816.jpg

I have one beardie, his name is Skittles - pet names include doodlebug, Mr. Cutieface, sweetiepie, pumpkin head. He is super personable and never in a bad mood. I walk him outside around the neighborhood and he has won over everyone, even the suspicious elderly lady across the street! He LOVES bath time. I brush him and massage his belly, beard, and headspikes. He is cuddly but also needs adventure time - I have a reptile room where he gets to free roam a few times a week - more when summer is here and the days are longer.

I'm expecting a human baby in 3 weeks and I'm really excited to raise him with a pet dragon, especially one who is so sweet!!! I never had animals growing up, other than an outside dog, but my little baby is going to have Skittles the bearded dragon, Janis Joplin and Alice in Wonderland the redfooted tortoises, Winchester the western hognose snake, Flash the southern painted turtle, Princess and Sunny the leopard geckos, Rex the crested gecko, Fury the German Shepard, Tobias the terrier, Kahn the cat, and assorted fish, African dwarf frogs, millipedes, and other insects.... And that is AFTER I downsized for the baby, hahahaha! Winchester, Rex, and Princess are all complete buttheads that bite / strike / flee, but otherwise everyone is very personable!

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I have 3 dragons: Izzy almost 3 year old female, Simon almost 2 year old male, Cooper about 8 month old male leatherback. 3 cats, 1 Am Bulldog and a Betta.

Do you have a photo of Cooper that you can share? I’m curious since you said he looks like my Jasper.

And since we’re sharing... We have 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 Corn snakes, a Pac-Man frog, and 2 Bearded Dragons. We got the frog & Bearded Dragons in mid December (Christmas sales are great). We have Moon, a normal baby Bearded Dragon, about 3 months old now, and Jasper, a Leatherback, about 4 months old (best I can tell).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have 3 dragons. 5 year old girl Dexter, 4 year old boy Luci and 4ish year old girl Dolly. Dexter and Luci were bought from pet stores when they were real young, so they were named before being properly sexed. Dolly was a rescue that was named Paco when we got her because they thought she was a boy! We also have a veiled chameleon, crested gecko, pacman frog, 5 White's tree frogs and a cat. So we pretty much have a little zoo!

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys for sharing. I wish I could have more but I love this guy so much that I wouldnt feel right lol that being said i do have 2 kids and i definately have a favorite lmao. So one beardie for me.

JasperMoon

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys for sharing. I wish I could have more but I love this guy so much that I wouldnt feel right lol that being said i do have 2 kids and i definately have a favorite lmao. So one beardie for me.

Same here, one beardie for me, mainly cause I don’t have another hour to spend everyday with a second beardie. I have 10 other critters plus I homeschool my 2 kids so I’m super busy!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do you have a photo of Cooper that you can share? I’m curious since you said he looks like my Jasper.

And since we’re sharing... We have 2 dogs, 5 cats, 2 Corn snakes, a Pac-Man frog, and 2 Bearded Dragons. We got the frog & Bearded Dragons in mid December (Christmas sales are great). We have Moon, a normal baby Bearded Dragon, about 3 months old now, and Jasper, a Leatherback, about 4 months old (best I can tell).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is a picture of Cooper
95df656c1a7d37ddf3851117e8121b76.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk