• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello You Guys!!! (few questions also)

OddEddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I am new to this forum but my name is eddie and i used to own a sunfire bearded dragon for 3 or so years then i had to give him up because i moved, but now i am getting a dragon 2 years later (now) and i was wondering on a few questions (terrible grammar im scatterbrained atm) the guy im getting "domo" from (already thought of a name lol) said he is very tame and such so should that translate to a new owner? he is 16" and im guessing anywhere from 7-9 months old he is housed in a 55 gal terrarium which i am buying from the guy and i would also like to know what color morph he is thank you! i inserted a few photos let me know what you think and any improvements!

Attachments

• 00J0J_kkMP0ojRJC7_600x450.jpg
    00J0J_kkMP0ojRJC7_600x450.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 38
  • 00n0n_lAFCW95RPnj_600x450.jpg
    00n0n_lAFCW95RPnj_600x450.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 00w0w_2bxIJhwsVwn_600x450.jpg
    00w0w_2bxIJhwsVwn_600x450.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 41
  • 00202_8ZGeJnGd19y_600x450.jpg
    00202_8ZGeJnGd19y_600x450.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 38

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It's quite difficult to tell what type of color morph he is. He's very dark...Can you find out more about him? Like what is his lighting? It looks like he's not getting good heat. He may be a normal. But if you get the right lights and heat, he may get some good coloring.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The tank looks good. But when you get him, please have a vet check out his stool to make sure there's no parasites or worms. Just want to be safe than sorry.

Changing to a Reptisun 10.0 might be a good idea along with a digital temp gauge. He'll still need a hot temp for proper digestion. Don't use household lights. They don't heat up enough. I had to go out and get a 100 watt intense basking spot bulb from a local petstore.

OddEddie

Bearded Dragon Egg
he has on that tank a 48" uvb light bar with 2 bulbs he didnt specify what kind of light he is using for heat but the guy sounded quite knowledgeable. And would he be ok if i got a powersun light even though i have the uvb strips? cause i know powersun is uvb also..

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok. I never used a powersun as UVB. Tube lights only so I wouldn't really know much about them. Someone who might have used them, might chime in.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You're welcome. One should be ok for over the basking spot. I would take a reading to be sure 100 watt's good enough. If the reading's 104-105, it's ok. Adults typically need lower temps around 95-100.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basking spot is where the rock and paper towel is. That is one bulb and the spot's temperature reads 105. This is Myah. She's grown 8 1/2 inches
feedme5.jpg