• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, new to this

JakDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone, I got a berdie as a gift from my boyfriend and I had some questions. Ive been told, and read in a few places that mealworms are not a staple food source for a berdie, but a couple other articals iv found said they are. Any help would be appreciated. Also if someone e could help me figure out how to get him to eat veggies that would help. He's about 8 months old.

Also any general advice would be nice, I want to make sure I'm doing right by him. I've been researching alot about berdies but some of it seems to be going back and forth on some topics.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Under my comment is a link to general care. Meal worms are bad for them because they have a hard exoskeleton. Supers are better than mealworms but they are high in fat so you don't want to feed too many. Dubia, crickets, silkworms, BSFL are all good bugs to use.

When I got my first bearded dragon, I always went with what the majority said. If 8 people said no to mealworms and 2 people said yes, I always went with the 8 people.