• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello new to Beardies

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
I've wanted a beared dragon for some time and done alot of looking into info for them but 1st time on the forums and finely got my 1st dragon.
(S)he is just a little baby about the size of your finger with a nice little belly. (S)he is active.
Seems to like eating just 1 larger nymph (size of dragons head) at a time. Doesnt seem to like the smaller nymphs or eating them out of a container. Hasn't ate any greens for me yet. Any advice on getting it to take greens?

I'd also want to make sure I'm headed in the right way with its care. I got fluker's calcium with and without vit d3 phosphorus free also fluker's vitamin with beta carotene.

Zika halogen mini dome with 50w night red. Fluker's 5.5 lamp with 75 watt uva uvb basking lamp.

(S)hes in half (for now and (s)he is so small) a 40g breeder with a few pieces of wood and slate tiles. And just shelf liner for flooring atm. I'd like to get excavator clay.

Resized_20200229_144001.jpeg
What would you call the little ones color?

I'll also take name suggestions. I really have only came up with 1 so far and it's so common I'm not sure I want to go with it. That is Spike. I'm pretty sure I cant tell the gender right? So want to name it something that works for male or female. Don't want a male name Sue (lol song reference sorry)

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
I forgot to mention I'm having trouble giving it water. I've never seen it at the bowl and when I put a drop on its mouth it ignores it. I know they can be a pain with water intake. But unsure of what to try other then putting a drop on it.

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'll have to leave him with red for now but should I switch him to one of these? Atm the tank is 80 with spot right under the light 110.
Screenshot_20200301-185348_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our house can get very cold at night so think its needed.

As for uvb and basking I was looking at combos like.
Screenshot_20200301-193340_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20200301-193321_Amazon Shopping.jpg

If that doesnt work is the 24 watt zoo med 22" 10.0 uvb t5 I'm looking at

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sorry bad cam and dirty glass but this is what the tank is like atm.
20200301_213502.jpg

Thinking I got this all right now maybe.
I have a 18" fixture (can upgrade to larger when I change the bulb. so I'll get the;
  • Zoo Med ReptiSun 18" T8 10.0 UVB
  • Fluker's mini sun dome deep dome 5.5 inch (100 watt) with fluker's 100 watt basking bulb.
  • Fluker's 5.5 inch (75 watt) clamp lamp with 50w C.H.E.

Yasha2802

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea tank isn't set up for him long term. He's in half it right now with some grape vines(fits him perfectly atm) and some driftwood. I have a bigger piece of driftwood I'd like to put in there and need to get some larger tiles and stuff for him to climb. Goes with out saying cleaning the glass off.

I'm going to be giving him the 40g with a extra 9" over it as soon as everything gets here. I'd like to do some diffrent level stones for him to sit on. As well as sticks. I used to have a lizard tank with a dowel rod wrapped in sisal would that be a idea for him?

Then when hes full grown want to build him something larger.

Would it make a difference if I use the 5.5 inch deep dome or the 8.5inch? I'm thinking the deep would give me more room then the 8.5.
Screenshot_20200301-223223_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20200301-223210_Chrome.jpg