• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello, Introducing Sonic/Sally and Ocean!

gala

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi,

My son wanted a hedgehog, but I didn't, so we now have two bearded dragons : )

Five months old now and we have had them for three months. SO far all seems well, and I am trying to breed my own crickets in our garage. We live in Quebec so my unheated garage is not ideal but I have set up a little greenhouse and use a ceramic heat emitter to keep my bugs alive. My local pet store sells me crickets, and my dragons eat more than I can produce! I find it expensive though, so I just looked into an online Canadian producer.

We are pretty sure one of our dragons is female (Sonic/Sally), but we are not sure about her hatch-mate. Ocean seems female but it is hard to tell. Ocean seems to act like they're in charge, often basking on top of Sonic/Sally, and eating first, and likes to poop in the same spot every day. Sonic/Sally is the most relaxed animal ever.

Here are some pics : )
Sonic:Sally.jpg set-up.jpg Ocean.jpg

gala

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Again,

Yes I am housing them together and keeping a close watch on them. I found a huge terrarium second hand, and so far, with two basking areas, multiple hides, multiple climbing rocks and hammacks (spelling?), and UVB lighting across the tank, they seem to get along very well, often choosing to occupy the same spot.

But I am seeing now that they are about six months old that they are starting a pecking order around food. One was eating first instead of both eating at the same time. So now I feed them at the same time but in two areas where they don't have to look at each other. Next week I have a vet visit scheduled and hopefully will be able to sex them accurately. If they are male and female I will set up one in my son's room, but it is a minimal size tank I have for that scenario :(

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Also be aware that "choosing to occupy the same spot" *may* be a competition/dominance issue, especially if they're both males...