• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from VA! Here to learn about Soon to get Beardie

Natitude

Bearded Dragon Egg
Stumbled across this forum and joined to learn all I can before I get my first Beardie next month. I currently am in the process of setting up his/her terrarium. I was able to get a 75 gallon tank second hand for cheap and I built a stand for it last weekend. My question I have is, is it ok to put a juvenile in that big of a tank? Everything I’ve read says it is, but I’d have to help him with live food until he gets bigger due to the amount of space. I just got home from a local reptile store and they told me different. They said if you give a Beardie that much room they become territorial? First I’ve heard of that. I know they’re territorial towards each other, so no cohabitation, but not being aggressive towards the human because they had too much room in their living space.....

33120E79-D858-4435-B155-AC35DF2A8365.jpeg

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
That stand is gorgeous! You could use an empty 10 or 20 gallon tank for feeding harder-to-catch bugs like crickets and roaches. (I use a 20 long).

Natitude

Bearded Dragon Egg
That stand is gorgeous! You could use an empty 10 or 20 gallon tank for feeding harder-to-catch bugs like crickets and roaches. (I use a 20 long).

Thanks! Thought that too or thinking I may cut a piece of plexiglass to act as a divider and adjust the tank size as it grows.

SwaysMommy01

Hatchling Dragon
That’s a good idea u can make a divider .. I have a 20 gl and a large exo terra for my beardie he’s a juvie also. I’m using my 20 gl right now for him cause it is a lot easier for him to be able to catch his crickets / roaches but I’ve never heard of them getting territorial as a juvie in a larger viv. Good luck with him or her when you get him.