• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heating for 75 gallon tank

Spike23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Im setting up spike's new 75 gallon tank, for uvb i am using the slimline 50 uvb fixture and the repti sun 10.0 for the bulb. And for the heating im not sure what wattage and where i should place the bulb/bulbs. I am thinking of buying 2 100 watt bulbs and placing them on 2 parts of the enclosure one on the basking spot and the other just to get the temperature up. Or should i just get one 150 watt bulb on the basking sp and the uvb being 3/4 of the tank.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im setting up spike's new 75 gallon tank, for uvb i am using the slimline 50 uvb fixture and the repti sun 10.0 for the bulb. And for the heating im not sure what wattage and where i should place the bulb/bulbs. I am thinking of buying 2 100 watt bulbs and placing them on 2 parts of the enclosure one on the basking spot and the other just to get the temperature up. Or should i just get one 150 watt bulb on the basking sp and the uvb being 3/4 of the tank.
Hi spike you only need 2 bulbs the Reptisun 10.0 T5 for UVB the length u buy should cover 70 percent of the tank ans be placed along the back starting at the hot side and the zoomed CLEAR basking bulb for Heat (150Watt) place it more to the front on the hot side so when he basks he gets uvb and heat. Now in the summer u mite need to use a 100Watt I play around with mine & have a lower wattage for the summer cuz temps skyrocket so I raise the bulb or get a lower wattage on the summer. U need a digital themometer and digital Hygometer those are the only accurate oneS to use.

Wung Wady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is a link to a reputable Site that links you to their amazon Acct for sales of really great lighting and other awesome beardie helpful info. We just purchased 2 beardies from her that were Brothers. We got to see where they were housed as she invited us into her house and we got to see the mother and father and how she kept all her other dragons that she did mates but does not mate them interchangeably She has every dragon in a different environment all together with proper lighting and when they were born with their names and what type they are. We will even be getting papers in the mail for our dragons and she gives guarantees.

Spike23

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is this the one you recommend?

Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 3.30.03 PM.png

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a 120 gallon zen it uses a 150 watt exo terra intense bulb you should only need one basking bulb - make sure you have a digital probe thermometer to get basking temps-- the UVB should be a T 5 bulb and 24" fixture or 36" I personally would use the 24" you don't want full length so that they are hiding it from it--- you can use a Arcadia 14% bulb it would need to be strapped to the top of screen w/ a basking distance of 17-18" directly above basking decor--