• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heat issues in larger tank

Fania

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone, a couple days ago we moved our BD to a 40 gallon from a 20 and I don’t think the tank is heating up to what it needs to be. I have the dome lighting over his basking area. There’s one UV light and one 100 watt heat light. Both thermometers in the tank that are not directly under the heat source never rise above 80 degrees. I ordered a digital thermometer on amazon but waiting for it to come in. Every person I talk to in the pet store has a different answer. I just want to make sure my BD is ok and has the proper lighting and heat that he needs. What can I do to make it warmer in there for him? Thanks

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wait till you get your digital thermometer and place it right in the basking spot under the light. The analog temp gauges aren't always accurate and they are on the glass, not where your dragon is sitting so it's difficult to get a good reading.