• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Health

Pickalo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 weeks ibrought a dragon but as ive never had one before im worried hes not healthy, ive ckeaned the tank he came in it was dirty new led and heat lamp hammock and rocks, he was constipated i took petshop advice managed to empty him but hes only been once since, hes done a bit of shedding, but hes not eating a lot, his pores are also blocked wich i am trying to unblock at the moment please has any one any advice, i put in a cockroach i got fom shop but he just looks at it. He always seems more alert after his bath

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
3 weeks ibrought a dragon but as ive never had one before im worried hes not healthy, ive ckeaned the tank he came in it was dirty new led and heat lamp hammock and rocks, he was constipated i took petshop advice managed to empty him but hes only been once since, hes done a bit of shedding, but hes not eating a lot, his pores are also blocked wich i am trying to unblock at the moment please has any one any advice, i put in a cockroach i got fom shop but he just looks at it. He always seems more alert after his bath
Please go over the lighting in the tank -- the lighting in the tank is the most important thing in the tank --- basking temps what are they and how are you taking them? NO sickons please they are inaccurate -- the UVB should be a long tube fixture NO coils -- they are inadequate --the basking temps and the UVB control the over all health and behavior of the dragon if they are not correct he will not eat ---for his femoral pores soak him in a warm bath w/ some betadine make it look like a weak tea do this several times a week so you get them softened up you can use a soft baby tooth brush to loosen the stuff in the pores once it is softened up enough you can gently squeeze them - make sure you have some rough decor so he can rub the pores against it and it should keep them open --
your dragon should be eating live insects like crickets dubia roaches BSFL silk worms-- how old is the dragon - he should also be fed salads every morning here is a website for nutrition
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html---------------- ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
if you can post a pic of the tank and the dragon please