• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Head bobbing

DSMotherOfDragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My beardie girl has a little brother who is a uromastyx. Their enclosures are next to each other but it usually doesn't cause a problem. On occasion (less than once a week) she will rapidly bob her head at him, but her beard doesn't darken or extend. She gets bored and stops after a minute and he just stares at her like she's nuts. Is she showing dominance or just saying hello? I'm confused because I figure if she was showing dominance/ aggression she would do something with her beard.

DSMotherOfDragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
image.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds pretty normal seeing as beardies are pretty territorial. It might do better to block them from seeing each other. It's probably just causing them undue stress, yknow?

DSMotherOfDragons

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sounds pretty normal seeing as beardies are pretty territorial. It might do better to block them from seeing each other. It's probably just causing them undue stress, yknow?
Yeah blocking them makes sense but she sees him all the time and only does this rarely. Right now they're looking at each other with no reaction.

Skymall007

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon hates all lizards and anything that looks like a lizard. He has calmed down a little about it. I would also block just in case.

rizwan

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie girl has a little brother who is a uromastyx. Their enclosures are next to each other but it usually doesn't cause a problem. On occasion (less than once a week) she will rapidly bob her head at him, but her beard doesn't darken or extend. She gets bored and stops after a minute and he just stares at her like she's nuts. Is she showing dominance or just saying hello? I'm confused because I figure if she was showing dominance/ aggression she would do something with her beard.

What's a uromastyx?

rizwan

Bearded Dragon Egg
He could see his reflection in the glass of the tank or maybe bobbing his head at you.

He's not looking at me or the glass. He'll look at the back wall or his rock hahaha. Such a weirdo. Why would he bob his head at me? Do I bob back? Because I will

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He's not looking at me or the glass. He'll look at the back wall or his rock hahaha. Such a weirdo. Why would he bob his head at me? Do I bob back? Because I will

That is weird. Maybe he doesn't like the those things and he's showing them who's boss! I bobbed my head at Dexter once, it completely freaked her out LOL!

rizwan

Bearded Dragon Egg
That is weird. Maybe he doesn't like the those things and he's showing them who's boss! I bobbed my head at Dexter once, it completely freaked her out LOL!

Hahah he seems to cuddle the rock most of the time :p love hate relationship?
Really?? Hahah awesome!