• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hasn't pooped in days and less energetic

Misty Troyer

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is our first bearded dragon. Her name is Dundee. She is almost 3. She has not had a bowel movement in days. She seems bloated and less energetic. I tried soaking her in some warm water but it was ineffective. Hey color also seems a little off. It looks like she is getting ready to shed but she is not shedding. I'll take any advice. She has never been friendly or social so sometimes caring for her is challenging, but we love her and want to help her. Any ideas?

Srhking247

Hatchling Dragon
Probably a little late for a reply by i had a problem with bowel movent few days ago. He hadnt pooped in about 2 weeks maybe longer. I was told to go to store buy some baby food prunes and put a little honey in it. Not much. And i spoon fed him as much as i could. I waited about 30-1hr then gave a warm bath. While in bath i massaged his stomach for a few minuets. Then literally soon after he went in the tub. Probably one of the bigest bowl movements ive ever seen.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How is she doing now? A few days of not pooping isn't alarming especially in an older dragon. Has she been eating much lately? If she hasn't been eating that could contribute to why she hasn't pooped. If you think her color looks off and she's not shedding and she is acting odd otherwise, I would take her in for a vet visit to make sure she is okay. This is the time of year where lots of dragons go into brumation so you want to make sure that she's healthy.

Things to help her poop would be canned or fresh pumpkin. Apples, baby food prunes also can help. Make sure anything you feed has no preservatives in it. Also avoid giving honey orally. Just like with babies, animals shouldn't have honey.