• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Had to kill my crickets last night :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just want to remind everyone about the importance of keeping and eye on your feeders and their tanks. My crickets are in the basement and I mostly feed them to my frogs so I don't really check on them daily. Last night I went to get some crickets clean out some greens that I had put earlier in the week and their were ANTS!

Now I have gotten over my fear of crickets and some other bugs but I absolutely HATE ants. When I was little and blackberry picking in WI I stepped on an ant mound and when I came out my whole foot was covered! I have never forgotten that.

We used to get ants real bad in our bathroom. My landlord has a great pest service that only uses organic means to curb our bug issues and last year we didn't really have a problem. When I saw them in the tank I thought it was an isolated issue and that I royally screwed up but I did find them in my bathroom this morning so I think it's just that season.

My frogs got to eat real good last night. I was able to get about 50 crickets out and there wasn't too many left after that.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Poor Patsy; Hate them; river-7

I've been real careful now with religiously cleaning their tank out and not leaving a lot of wet veggies in it. I'm also keeping them in my pantry now so I have no choice but to keep them clean so they don't smell!