• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gut loading live feed

Kenny2605

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi guys I was wondering if someone may be able to advise me on how to gut load my live feed. I've just ordered a cricket keeper? many thanks

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
you can also use "starter and grower" chicken mash from the feed store. its what i use for my superworms.

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Would it hurt anything making your own gutloaders? I was going to make my own. Found a recipe that sounded good. Oats, whole grain dry baby food, cornmeal,powdered milk, and high grade vitamin rich dry dog food, blended too powder. Im going too need more than a few lil jars so does anyone think this is a bad idea?

DrAgOnS BrEaTh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thats what seperates me from you. I have too experiment. Ill keep looking into it. But from what i see in the crude ingredients in flukers my recipe is close. calcium, whole grains, protein, calcium, im just concerned about the dog food. But i keep seeing google searches for homemade gutloaders with dog food in them.