• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Grumpy Dragon?

Tortie_Shell

Bearded Dragon Egg
I adopted my bearded dragon, Spike in early August. He’s usually very calm, maybe because of his age (6). He has been grumpier than usual though, in the past few weeks. He’s started to darken his beard when he wasn’t before. I don’t think this is due to poor care since I’ve only been improving his care since I got him.
Maybe I’m overreacting since he’s not bobbing, puffing, or hissing, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Some possibly relevant info:
Last shed: Early august
Diet: Various worms and veggies when he eats them
Enclosure: 40 Gallon (Yes I know it’s small, I’m going to build him a bigger one in the near future)

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I adopted my bearded dragon, Spike in early August. He’s usually very calm, maybe because of his age (6). He has been grumpier than usual though, in the past few weeks. He’s started to darken his beard when he wasn’t before. I don’t think this is due to poor care since I’ve only been improving his care since I got him.
Maybe I’m overreacting since he’s not bobbing, puffing, or hissing, but it’s better to be safe than sorry.
Some possibly relevant info:
Last shed: Early august
Diet: Various worms and veggies when he eats them
Enclosure: 40 Gallon (Yes I know it’s small, I’m going to build him a bigger one in the near future)
UVB and basking temps are the two most important things in the tank ---
UVB is a coil or a tube - if a tube where in the tank is it top of screen or inside the tank ? this is crucial
basking temps are being taken how ? probe thermometer or stick on ? what are the temps?
these two things I just asked about control the over all health and behavior of the dragon