• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Growth and size check

Michael James

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all. My beardie is about 8 months old. He seems to be in good health and is eating and pooping everyday. He is about 25cm long and weighs about 70g. He hasn't "grown" much in the 3 months I have had him, although he has gained some mass. When I got him, he was about 35g and about 22cm. Is this on the "normal" side of the growth chart, or should he be slightly larger? I know all beardies are different, and there typically isn't such a thing as "normal", but I just wanted to try and gauge where other beardies are at this age.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, my 2 were both at about 30cm by 8 months, growth has slown down considerably since then. I put it down to it being brumation season and them not eating as much. At 10 months mine are both now around 40cm from tip to tip. I was talking to a lady the other day who has 2 , 2 year olds and she says mine are as big if not bigger than hers. Like you say, there is no normal, all we can do is keep them healthy, genetics do the rest.