• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

GROMP

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
She ate a NutriGrub but was aiming for a waxworm. Promptly ran away from the food dish and stared at me like it was all my fault... LOL!! (btw her tail is fine, just a weird angle)

Attachments

• IMG_3007.jpeg
    IMG_3007.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 18

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
I hate it when my beardie misses!! Does urs not eat if she misses consecutively? My girl is such a sass
OMG yes - then I get the stink eye... haha! Do you feed by hand at that point? I'm trying to train her to eat from her dish, but it's slow going since I normally break down and hand feed her to get her to eat since she's so young.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
OMG yes - then I get the stink eye... haha! Do you feed by hand at that point? I'm trying to train her to eat from her dish, but it's slow going since I normally break down and hand feed her to get her to eat since she's so young.
Yup typical stink eye, like its my fault she misses :( , ive hand fed her since she was a baby, a mistake but rewarding :) , i do give her a bowl of bugs if she protests a second day , they’re normally gone by the time i get home, some days she’ll only eat unless I make her food do a lil dance, beardies have alot of personality im finding , at first i was sad when I sexed my beardie , but im glad now , i dont think i could of handled a boy beardies crazyness.

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Yup typical stink eye, like its my fault she misses :( , ive hand fed her since she was a baby, a mistake but rewarding :) , i do give her a bowl of bugs if she protests a second day , they’re normally gone by the time i get home, some days she’ll only eat unless I make her food do a lil dance, beardies have alot of personality im finding , at first i was sad when I sexed my beardie , but im glad now , i dont think i could of handled a boy beardies crazyness.
haha!! Yes I have to wiggle the Dubias sometimes before she'll go for them... fierce apex predator that she is. I remember finding out ours was a girl a few weeks ago and I TOTALLY get the disappointment. The kids and I got over it pretty quick though. Same beardie, different name LOL (she went from "StripeSpot" - my son named her - to "Stripespot-ina" hahaha)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thats cute they didn’t change the name completely, the only feeder my girl will go craxy for is hornworms , when she sees one she will literally climb up and out of her enclosure after it, has stripespotina had them?

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Oh hornworms are awesome! They do kind of gross me out but whenever she is being a brat and won't eat, I'll put a hornworm near her and she'll light up. How old is your dragon?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yea they are kinda off putting, watch out they bite lol, I believe my beardie is around 1year and 4 months, give or take a couple months.

Penelope

Hatchling Dragon
Pretty sure they're mostly just for show! I poked a hornworm horn once, before I fed her one for the first time, and it was bendy (yuck gross ew). From what I've read they're just to deter predators - much like the bendy spines on our beloved beardies :)

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Can the little black horn on hornworms do anything to us or our dragons? -- I've always cut it off just incase lol.
Its just for show as far as i know, i hand feed and ive never been poked by it, NEVER feed hornworms straight from a tomato plant though, they’re toxic that way.