• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Puff and Peaches

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Hello everyone, we have two bearded dragons, one from a baby my sister got as a 2019 Christmas present. Peaches we adopted in March of this year. A tech from our vet called and asked if we wanted another dragon, her owner brought her in, she said she was sick and wanted her euthanized. We said yes, they did a fecal and watched her for a week and in 2020 she was cleared for adv, Puff was cleared too. So we got a healthy yearish girl. Puff is in a zen, 4x2x2 and Peaches is in a 40g terrarium until I can save enough for a zen. We also have 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. The guinea pigs are in a C&C cage. I was wondering if Peaches could do a C&C with a lid until we get a zen for her. I could make it two grids high or even one and a half grids high( they are 14 inches x 14 inches ). The guineapigcage store even sells clear acrylic pieces to use as windows, so she could see out. The coroplast can have 10 inch walls on 3 sides and it would be like you covered the glass, no reflection. Imagine a cage where the top half is open air/hardware cloth. Using light stands would be no problem as I use them with my anole's tank.

This is Puff
20210611_095744.jpg

20201109_130901.jpg

This is Peaches and she will be going bioactive also. NOT puff though as my sister doesn't want her dirty with dirt...She may look like she is judging but it's just a resting beardie face.

20210611_123011.jpg

20210316_153904.jpg

This is an example of the cage I would use until I could get another zen and building is out of the question. It would be two grids high for substrate and climbing stuff(not counting the base).

100_0366.JPG

I been using these for years for my guinea pigs and they can handle a good bit of weight. The cage below is holding 80 lbs of horse stall pellets and about 20lbs of sawdust mini flakes. There would be no problem with it staying warm either, I'd make sure of that. It would have a lid to keep my cats out but I'm not worried about them as they go in and eat hay with the pigs for years and never hurt them. Or could she stay in the 40 for another 6 months plus maybe?

100_0697.JPG

100_0997.JPG

100_0671.JPG

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Hello everyone, we have two bearded dragons, one from a baby my sister got as a 2019 Christmas present. Peaches we adopted in March of this year. A tech from our vet called and asked if we wanted another dragon, her owner brought her in, she said she was sick and wanted her euthanized. We said yes, they did a fecal and watched her for a week and in 2020 she was cleared for adv, Puff was cleared too. So we got a healthy yearish girl. Puff is in a zen, 4x2x2 and Peaches is in a 40g terrarium until I can save enough for a zen. We also have 3 cats and 2 guinea pigs. The guinea pigs are in a C&C cage. I was wondering if Peaches could do a C&C with a lid until we get a zen for her. I could make it two grids high or even one and a half grids high( they are 14 inches x 14 inches ). The guineapigcage store even sells clear acrylic pieces to use as windows, so she could see out. The coroplast can have 10 inch walls on 3 sides and it would be like you covered the glass, no reflection. Imagine a cage where the top half is open air/hardware cloth. Using light stands would be no problem as I use them with my anole's tank.

This is Puff

This is Peaches and she will be going bioactive also. NOT puff though as my sister doesn't want her dirty with dirt...She may look like she is judging but it's just a resting beardie face.

This is an example of the cage I would use until I could get another zen and building is out of the question. It would be two grids high for substrate and climbing stuff(not counting the base).

I been using these for years for my guinea pigs and they can handle a good bit of weight. The cage below is holding 80 lbs of horse stall pellets and about 20lbs of sawdust mini flakes. There would be no problem with it staying warm either, I'd make sure of that. It would have a lid to keep my cats out but I'm not worried about them as they go in and eat hay with the pigs for years and never hurt them. Or could she stay in the 40 for another 6 months plus maybe?
I dont know a whole lot about those kinds of enclosures, so i cant particularly comment on them, i do know you dont want kitty accidentally “love biting” the beardie, I understand they’re fine with the pigs and ill say it’s pretty cute seeing them lay in the hay, but if possible id keep the cats n lizards separate, some cats are perfectly fine with dragons some arnt, id let the lizard out and run around and have all the cats in the room and see how they treat her, as for her being in the 40 gallon, thats fine (most breeders have single females in less)

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
I dont know a whole lot about those kinds of enclosures, so i cant particularly comment on them, i do know you dont want kitty accidentally “love biting” the beardie, I understand they’re fine with the pigs and ill say it’s pretty cute seeing them lay in the hay, but if possible id keep the cats n lizards separate, some cats are perfectly fine with dragons some arnt, id let the lizard out and run around and have all the cats in the room and see how they treat her, as for her being in the 40 gallon, thats fine (most breeders have single females in less)
I understand and someone is always with the dragons when they are out. The cage if used for the dragon(peaches) would have a lid. I just feel so bad that one has the zen and another in the 40g.

I live in a apartment complex that sprays so I don't take the girls outside, they will go in my open bedroom window( screen in) to sun and get fresh air. And the cats come in to nap. The orange one is my shadow.

20210607_114146.jpg

20210605_102014.jpg

20210515_121717.jpg

This is an example of one used for floor time. Yes they love to watch tv.

20210403_114606.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I think it could work as an enclosure? (I couldn’t visualize it before with all the fabric and bars) but now I dont see anything wrong with it, as long as the cats arnt knocking over the heat lamp (thats my only concern) i dont see an issue with it, the beardie on the left she looks awfully plump, how old is she? It almost looks like shes gravid with egg..

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
I think it could work as an enclosure? (I couldn’t visualize it before with all the fabric and bars) but now I dont see anything wrong with it, as long as the cats arnt knocking over the heat lamp (thats my only concern) i dont see an issue with it, the beardie on the left she looks awfully plump, how old is she? It almost looks like shes gravid with egg..
Peaches is over a year, not fully sure as she was the one the owner wanted put down. She has jumped 24 grams in the past 2 weeks( to 481g and they only get one bug day a week), so she could be getting ready to lay slugs. Puff did last year at 9 months old.

This is my anole tank, it's a 40g that Puff had before her zen. It's a short tank but I have 2 light stands to raise the lights as the plants grow in more. They had a reptibreeze that my cats would bounce off of while running around. Diego is only 2 and very big, so I wasn't risking it anymore. The different pothos plants have choked out some of the others. You can't even see the croton on the right anymore, I took the janet craigs out.

20210524_104711.jpg

This is after trimming the other day. Ignore the fake baby tears that should be in the right back cork round.
20210527_171241.jpg

It has a plant light the is the length of the tank, the shadedweller is up on the stand. It's ever changing and I want to pull some of the pothos out and get the croton visible and the janet craig drac back in. The mister is just a vick's cool mist and plumbing tubing.

20210225_120548.jpg

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Very exceptional enclosure, i dont think there could be a better habitat for a anole.
Thank you, not as pretty as many but lots of foliage for them to lay on and hide in. It probably has about 500 isopods in it as there is 2 dwarf(white and purple) and powdered oranges as they are soft bodied and make a good snack. One adult dubia male in there and mealworms and crickets breeding in there too. I drop veggie scrapes in a back corner/compost area, I place dry bug food and baby carrots for all the critters. I now have to wear ear plugs to bed because of the crickets at times. If I see too many large ones, I vacuum them up and freeze a few days before throwing them away. Last year when i made it, I dropped about 50 dubia 1/4 babies for them twice. They all grew, I am not sure if any were ever eaten. It took a few months for the to grow up to realize I made a huge mistake, don't do it, ever. The one if nice to see though.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I just added some isopods to both my 8 month old tokays enclosure and cresties two days ago :) i hope they do well , there’s been in there already spring tails, super worms to till the ground, and a couple breeding pincher bugs, you’ll have to forgive me, most of my plants are fake bedsides the dracaena in the tokays enclosure and the succulent in the cresties, I want to be able to get to the tokay easily (I handle him every day) so thats why his enclosure may seem bare to you, once him and the crestie are fully grown ill redo their enclosures and put way more, im trying to get my dirt/substrate right before I start rooting in a bunch of things, do you have any recommendations?

Attachments

• 87103201-12B1-4F34-A288-73555DEE4D56.jpeg
    87103201-12B1-4F34-A288-73555DEE4D56.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6
  • 299F88EC-E17A-486D-9BD4-94C32B3F0F41.jpeg
    299F88EC-E17A-486D-9BD4-94C32B3F0F41.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 737C805A-D59C-4213-A585-4FEB07B4E5ED.jpeg
    737C805A-D59C-4213-A585-4FEB07B4E5ED.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 6

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
I just added some isopods to both my 8 month old tokays enclosure and cresties two days ago :) i hope they do well , there’s been in there already spring tails, super worms to till the ground, and a couple breeding pincher bugs, you’ll have to forgive me, most of my plants are fake bedsides the dracaena in the tokays enclosure and the succulent in the cresties, I want to be able to get to the tokay easily (I handle him every day) so thats why his enclosure may seem bare to you, once him and the crestie are fully grown ill redo their enclosures and put way more, im trying to get my dirt/substrate right before I start rooting in a bunch of things, do you have any recommendations?
For the anole's tank, I followed tanner's tropical mix(serpadesign). Nothing wrong with fake plants, I really liked the fake tank I had last year. I bought silk picks and made bases for them.

100_1307.JPG

This is the recipes Tanner uses. I used the coconut coir, reptibark, sphagnum moss and sand.

serpa substrate measurements.png

When I take peaches bioactive. He has a arid one I will try. I bought Palm bark sheet as be more room for the isopods/superworms to hide under. I'm only going to add a elephant bush and some herbs. I am thinking of saving a small corner for seeding microgreens and or clover. I know the arid /peaches tank won't be self-sustaining like the anole tank( I do add bsfl, waxworms and mealworms) I feed them dry bug food I make and use a liquid calcium in my misting water. BUT peaches will have supers, powdered oranges, dwarf whites and purples in there besides springtails. I already know she likes the powdered oranges so she will be hunting them I think. I will also seed bsfl into the plant area too, so she can hunt the flies like the anoles do.

serpa design arid mix.jpg

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Your tanks are very nice, I love the center's tokay? I never realized some are green.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Your tanks are very nice, I love the center's tokay? I never realized some are green.
Thank you for the tips I appreciate it :) i have seen quite a couple of his videos actually, i think i originally learned about bioactives from him lol, I haven’t seen the beardy one yet though, i dont want to have to redo my girls enclosure lol , and yea i got the tokay as a reduced pattern, and he has gotten alot more green as hes aged, he's very dark blue with redish orange spots when hes is in his dark phase.

Attachments

• AEAACB8A-6F3B-4DE1-A733-5492284AEB25.jpeg
    AEAACB8A-6F3B-4DE1-A733-5492284AEB25.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 4
  • E42C3751-7D09-4640-894E-13A61BA97D03.jpeg
    E42C3751-7D09-4640-894E-13A61BA97D03.jpeg
    6.3 MB · Views: 5
  • E400CAA6-AD51-419F-A293-B188C0BFCD70.jpeg
    E400CAA6-AD51-419F-A293-B188C0BFCD70.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 5

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you for the tips I appreciate it :) i have seen quite a couple of his videos actually, i think i originally learned about bioactives from him lol, I haven’t seen the beardy one yet though, i dont want to have to redo my girls enclosure lol , and yea i got the tokay as a reduced pattern, and he has gotten alot more green as hes aged, he's very dark blue with redish orange spots when hes is in his dark phase.
You're welcome! Your bearded has a great fun set up. My sister is still on the thought that Puff needs a cute tank with a dig box and I am taking Peaches fully bioactive even in the 40g.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Ive found they do really well the more textures and substrates they have, but every bearded dragon is different and not everyone wants all that stuff so i get why people are hesitant to go bioactive, its a commitment for shure, please make a follow up post if u can, i loved seeing the beardies hanging out by the window, and the cats with the pigs :)

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
Ive found they do really well the more textures and substrates they have, but every bearded dragon is different and not everyone wants all that stuff so i get why people are hesitant to go bioactive, its a commitment for shure, please make a follow up post if u can, i loved seeing the beardies hanging out by the window, and the cats with the pigs :)

Puff and her favorite cat...Paul Blackfoot
100_1752.JPG

Puff is a spoiled girl that listens to classic rock while getting a massage from my sister.
20210603_130803.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I can tell your dragons are very loved thats very cute , i can tell the cat and him have a good relationship too , neither are phased :)

spambortner

Hatchling Dragon
I can tell your dragons are very loved thats very cute , i can tell the cat and him have a good relationship too , neither are phased :)
BUT I still wouldn't trust them alone with the dragons as it hasn't been years of the cats being fine with them. Paul grew up with the pigs and Diego was a older kitten when we got him and he was fine right away. BUT Diego is obsessed with the tails of the dragons because of the string/ribbon chase toys( which I got rid of).