• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greens

Petey

Bearded Dragon Egg
my beardie isnt eating his greens but he eagerly eats his phoenix worms and dubias I tried offering him fruits with them but he isn’t interested he’s about 4 months old and 9 in long is this normal or should i be worried?

Tabasco

Hatchling Dragon
Did your beardie ever eat greens, or is this something new? If never try different greens, maybe mix in some yams, add some dried flowers etc to entice!

Tabasco started eating greens 3rd day he adopted me around 6.5 weeks old. I found a mix of 3 different greens with yams and a raspberry really gets his attention. He probably eats 30% greens, 10% worms, 10% roaches and 50% crickets.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
no you dont need to worry. Some dragons take to them straight away, some never take to them even into adulthood. This is why gutloading is important, you can still get those nutrients into you beardie this way.
Some have found sprinkling bee pollen on the greens makes them more pallatable, but that never worked for me. Beardies are very fickle eaters, even if they dont eat the veg you should still offer them because you never know...one day...
What worked for me to a degree was putting supers in with the veg, not only do they get to hunt the worms but they can eat the veg ,even if it is by accident.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wouldn't worry too much. You could also try to put some bee pollen on the greens, sometimes that entices picky eaters to eat. Be careful with fruits because they are high in sugar so should only be used as the occasional treat.