• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Going on Holiday:/

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
So im going on holiday soon well no so soon. In september. I havnt really got anyone to kook after Diego n Boris while we away but the pet shop we got Diego from does minding. Its £5 a day for the 2 of them n they will have.there own vivs n that includes food. I havnt really got any other choice.but i worry it will stress them out.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm in the same boat as you! I'm going away in July only for 2 full days though and I don't know who is going to take care of them when I'm gone. Can your boyfriends brother just stop in and check on them? I know he couldn't take care of Boris when he owned him but maybe since it's not his anymore he would be willing to help you guys out.

shanghaibeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a juvenile that I left for 2 full days with just the night heater on and he got some natural light from the window. He was fine when I got back. Left him water, veggies, and fed him lots of crickets before I left.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I have a juvenile that I left for 2 full days with just the night heater on and he got some natural light from the window. He was fine when I got back. Left him water, veggies, and fed him lots of crickets before I left.

That's what I was thinking of doing. Dexter doesn't eat every day anyway but feeding them real good right before I leave and then again when I get back. Their lights are on timers so that will be taken care of. I think leaving them for 2 days will be fine, any longer then I would have to find someone to come in.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I'm in the same boat as you! I'm going away in July only for 2 full days though and I don't know who is going to take care of them when I'm gone. Can your boyfriends brother just stop in and check on them? I know he couldn't take care of Boris when he owned him but maybe since it's not his anymore he would be willing to help you guys out.
He coming with us or he wud :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Oh wow, that's a long time! :( I think you have to board them. Do you think the people at the pet store are trustworthy? I wonder if there is a vet that does boarding.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Can you take beardies with you? I mean if you had a travel cage with uvb lighting?? Too stressful?

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Yeh i trust the fella he nos wot he doin. All his animals r well looked after. He also does a animal hospital so if u have a sik reptile he will take them for u and do his best to make them well again. Wen we went to pik Diego up there was a few beardies there that were sik well 5 of them that ppl had took in. We went bak a few week later for sum new bits for Diego n i asked bout them n he sed he managed to get 4 out of 5 beardies healthy n well again enough for tjem to go bak home so yet he knows wot he doin n they jave a different room for beardies on holiday. So hopefully they will b fine.