• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Going on 3 weeks - baby will not eat

derrunner

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi there,
We have a baby beardie that we will have had 3 weeks on Sunday. He's in a 40 gal breeder cage with a Power Sun UV lamp. We are using paper towels on the floor - pretty much doing everything we were told. This little guy doesn't seem to have any interest in food - kale and greens - even tried a bit of sweet potato baby food on the greens - small crickets, meal worms - basically zero interest in any of it. Not sure what to do at this point - I would think he should be acclimated by now.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

David

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I wouldn't do mealworms as they contain chitlin making them hard to digest..you may want to try some different proteins like dubia, BSFL, small superworms (these have soft exo)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Make sure your tank temps are on point. The basking spot for a baby should be 107 degrees and the warm side should be around 80. At night there should be a temp drop 65-70 degrees with no light what so ever. I don't use MVB bulbs so I can't say anything bad or good about them. Most people use separate bulbs for UVB and heat because it's easier to make sure they are getting the coverage they need.