• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Going crazy!

Knowinghades63

Bearded Dragon Egg
My bearded dragon Lizzie. Has always been calm and I mean always she never acts up tanks surf etc. she has always been super chill I get her out today like I do 5-6 times a week she will climb into your hand to get out of the cage I never chase her in the cage. Anyway today while she was exploring she went to the closet and fell asleep under a towel. When I went to get her later she I startled her while she was sleeping and she bolted. Ran into the the door and just wouldn’t stop running. I picked her up and waited for her to calm down but after like a minute of trying. I put her back in her enclosure and left the room for probably four hours when I came back she instantly began the frantic behavior again. Slamming herself into the cage and tank surfing. I’m nervous because this is 100% not normal Behavior!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My bearded dragon Lizzie. Has always been calm and I mean always she never acts up tanks surf etc. she has always been super chill I get her out today like I do 5-6 times a week she will climb into your hand to get out of the cage I never chase her in the cage. Anyway today while she was exploring she went to the closet and fell asleep under a towel. When I went to get her later she I startled her while she was sleeping and she bolted. Ran into the the door and just wouldn’t stop running. I picked her up and waited for her to calm down but after like a minute of trying. I put her back in her enclosure and left the room for probably four hours when I came back she instantly began the frantic behavior again. Slamming herself into the cage and tank surfing. I’m nervous because this is 100% not normal Behavior!!
How old is the dragon? Is she doing any type of digging? It does sound like you really scared her --- how long was she doing the running in the tank ? Has she calmed down now? Please go over the lighting in the tank and basking temps and how your taking them --- I want to cover all bases for this type of behavior--- is this the only time she has done this ?

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yikes, poor Lizzie. Sounds like you really startled her. I've jumped Dex a few times not meaning to, but he's always quick to get over it. No advice to offer except maybe hold her for a while and let her know it's you and you won't harm her. Has she calmed down any? Hoping she's doing better.