• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gnats in Enclosure

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
How do you get rid of gnats in the enclosure. I hate seeing my baby in there with all these gnats. For some reason they are drawn to her enclosure, no poop no rotting food either.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
How do you get rid of gnats in the enclosure. I hate seeing my baby in there with all these gnats. For some reason they are drawn to her enclosure, no poop no rotting food either.
sticky bug pads on the ceiling, ive heard they’re attracted to applecider vinegar and it kills them too, maybe a little shot glass of that?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Getting rid of gnats and fruit flies

Fill a cup three-fourths of the way with apple cider vinegar, add several drops of dish soap and stir it enough to form bubbles on the top, then cover the cup with plastic wrap held in place with a rubber band. Poke small holes in the plastic wrap, and put the trap in the terrarium.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Let me know if anything works, i too got bugs ~_~

Rusty

Juvenile Dragon
It's the lights,
Try setting up a light outside the enclosure with the vinager or some fruit maybe?
I also read the life cycle is 7 to 14 days, maybe, try moving the enclosure for couple weeks, see if that helps,