• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

G’day from Australia

Thommo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3_ADD6_C85-5_D94-4_DD9-_BBE5-55522_C29810_F.jpg
Hey guys and gals,

New member here, new to dragons, just brought home a 6 month old leatherback named Spartacus.

I’ve done a lot of research before bringing him home and have set up a great terrarium for the little fellah to call home.

Looking forward to learning more about dragons and sharing pictures,stories and tips with you all.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
3_ADD6_C85-5_D94-4_DD9-_BBE5-55522_C29810_F.jpg
Hey guys and gals,

New member here, new to dragons, just brought home a 6 month old leatherback named Spartacus.

I’ve done a lot of research before bringing him home and have set up a great terrarium for the little fellah to call home.

Looking forward to learning more about dragons and sharing pictures,stories and tips with you all.

Welcome to the forum and to dragons!! What a good looking leatherback!! Love the name.
If you are looking for information feel free to take a look at the links below several of us put together a ton of info for new comers. We also have a really good food link, however being that your from Australia some of the greens are called differently than here in the states. We would love to hear what food items that are readily available to you over there as it will help us give info..

Thommo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks mate!
I’ll be sure to do a lot of reading here to learnas much as I can so Spartacus remains happy and healthy.
He has been eating well, mainly crickets, dusted with calcium every second day.
At the pet store he was eating Kale, broccoli and bok choy, so I will stick with the diet he is accustomed to.

Eating between 6 and 10 crickets in a sitting. Pet shop said to feed crickets once a day however I’ve seen on the forum that people tend to feed twice a day. What do you recommend?
I feed crickets with gutload.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks mate!
I’ll be sure to do a lot of reading here to learnas much as I can so Spartacus remains happy and healthy.
He has been eating well, mainly crickets, dusted with calcium every second day.
At the pet store he was eating Kale, broccoli and bok choy, so I will stick with the diet he is accustomed to.

Eating between 6 and 10 crickets in a sitting. Pet shop said to feed crickets once a day however I’ve seen on the forum that people tend to feed twice a day. What do you recommend?
I feed crickets with gutload.
When they are babies like that you want to do 1 meal with calcium every day (we have a supplement schedule in those links) you want some with D3 and some without D3 and a multi vit for the weekends.. Now Repashy calcium plus is safe for everyday..
As babies you need to feed them 3 times a day until they are around 9-10 months (give or take, also info in links) then go to 2 times a day then 1 time a day and as adults they get greens every day and bug meal 2-3 times a week.
Kale is not a good staple green I would switch to collards, turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens. Broccoli and bok choy are also not a good item as it's high in Vit C.. (sorry..) babies don't typically eat their greens well (some do) as babies they need the bug protein more at this point anyways but offer it daily.. You want to feed him what he will eat in 5-10 min and make sure you remove the uneaten ones as crickets will nibble on sleeping dragons causing wounds.

Thommo

Bearded Dragon Egg
When they are babies like that you want to do 1 meal with calcium every day (we have a supplement schedule in those links) you want some with D3 and some without D3 and a multi vit for the weekends.. Now Repashy calcium plus is safe for everyday..
As babies you need to feed them 3 times a day until they are around 9-10 months (give or take, also info in links) then go to 2 times a day then 1 time a day and as adults they get greens every day and bug meal 2-3 times a week.
Kale is not a good staple green I would switch to collards, turnip greens, mustard greens, dandelion greens. Broccoli and bok choy are also not a good item as it's high in Vit C.. (sorry..) babies don't typically eat their greens well (some do) as babies they need the bug protein more at this point anyways but offer it daily.. You want to feed him what he will eat in 5-10 min and make sure you remove the uneaten ones as crickets will nibble on sleeping dragons causing wounds.

Glad I joined the forum, and same as I found with my tropical fish, you always get better information on a forum than you do at the pet shop.
I feed him crickets with forceps, and he’s very happy to take them like that, and means I’m not chasing crickets he doesn’t eat around his tank.
Pet shop guy said Kale was the best green I could give him!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad I joined the forum, and same as I found with my tropical fish, you always get better information on a forum than you do at the pet shop.
I feed him crickets with forceps, and he’s very happy to take them like that, and means I’m not chasing crickets he doesn’t eat around his tank.
Pet shop guy said Kale was the best green I could give him!
Yea sadly that's typically what happens when people join they are like "wait what?? I was told..." But then again that is why forums like this exist :) we are happy to help and we are around most of the time.. Patsy and I did some intros on us so member know who we are and what critters we have.. We also have some other members that will pop in and are a great help to us when we are not online. That's another reason we did the info thread and nutrition link for foods. or we would be broken records lol

Thommo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yea sadly that's typically what happens when people join they are like "wait what?? I was told..." But then again that is why forums like this exist :) we are happy to help and we are around most of the time.. Patsy and I did some intros on us so member know who we are and what critters we have.. We also have some other members that will pop in and are a great help to us when we are not online. That's another reason we did the info thread and nutrition link for foods. or we would be broken records lol

I’ve been reading a few of the new member sticky posts, good info there.
Thanks heaps