• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Fruits and veggies

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello, figured I’d start a new thread with this. My dragon isn’t eating any fruits and veggies. I’m worried that if she doesn’t it them now she never will. I’ve tried all different kinds of veggies and salads. For a while she was eating cactus but not lately. any help will be great. Thanks much.

Wapple

Bearded Dragon Egg
Try mixing in some mealworms or morio worms into her veggies, if she eats them she will probably get a piece of veggie along with it, I found leafy greens shredded up worked well.

it might also help to put them on a white surface, as your beardie will have an easier time seeing the food

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Put some black soldier fly larvae in the salad, the movement will attract her. You can also add some brightly colored fruits or veggies (strawberry, bell pepper, carrot, etc.) and see if it interests her.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, Do you think you guys can coach me?
Today I tried a collard greens, cactus, and kale. My beardie took a few nibbles but not much at all. Tomorrow could you recommend other fruits and veggies to try? And then the next day and so on? thanks much.

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Mustard greens, bok choy, parsley, dandelion leaves and flowers (from the grocery store), cilantro, green beans, mango, raspberries, blueberries, peeled apple, apricots, yellow/spaghetti/butternut squash, alfalfa sprouts, and peaches are all common favorites. You can also use certain varieties of flowers and herbs, just check that they're safe before feeding. You can buy bags of dried flowers to put on top of his foods on Etsy and in pet stores.

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I’ve been trying for months to get Kylo to eat fruits and veggies and she won’t eat them. I’ve tried all sorts of salad mixtures. Phoenix worms mixed with veggies and fruits. Veggies and fruits with silk worms. Should I not feed her live food for a while? Just veggies and fruits?any help is most appreciate.thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve been trying for months to get Kylo to eat fruits and veggies and she won’t eat them. I’ve tried all sorts of salad mixtures. Phoenix worms mixed with veggies and fruits. Veggies and fruits with silk worms. Should I not feed her live food for a while? Just veggies and fruits?any help is most appreciate.thanks
How old is Kylo? We need to know age before we can answer that question

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Any help? She’s still not eating veggies and fruits. I love my beardie and am really worried.thanks
Ok her main diet is protein right now-- have you tried silk worms? They stick to everything- you can order them from here www.reptilianarts.com they just got the bulk back in like 50 they come small you would need to order food and clean containers out daily- it says to cook it I don't I just mix 1-2 tbls w/ water and keep in fridge- try some of those on her salad 1-3 small - they are another great staple good-- does she not like the BSFL?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok her main diet is protein right now-- have you tried silk worms? They stick to everything- you can order them from here www.reptilianarts.com they just got the bulk back in like 50 they come small you would need to order food and clean containers out daily- it says to cook it I don't I just mix 1-2 tbls w/ water and keep in fridge- try some of those on her salad 1-3 small - they are another great staple good-- does she not like the BSFL?
Thanks much. She was eating silk worms for months from the palm of my hand and then suddenly stopped. Now she only eats crickets and BSFL. I can’t get her to eat anything else.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks much. She was eating silk worms for months from the palm of my hand and then suddenly stopped. Now she only eats crickets and BSFL. I can’t get her to eat anything else.
Ok you can try the silk again or you can get some super worms and butter worms from here www.mulberryfarms.com also horn worms they are a great hydrating worm they grow really fast so order like 1 cup I don't think you will be able to feed them fast enough before they get too big- you can slow the growth down by keeping them in cooler temps- use all those on the salad to lure her to the bowl mulberry is spendy on shipping they ship Fed ex

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello again, I brought my beardie to the vet last week and he prescribed antibiotics and de-wormers. I’ll be scheduling a follow up appointment within next next few days.
I don’t mean to sound idiotic but when feeding squash, green beans,and other veggies should they be boiled or uncooked? I’m gonna try feeding her different fruits and veggies mixed with various worms again. thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello again, I brought my beardie to the vet last week and he prescribed antibiotics and de-wormers. I’ll be scheduling a follow up appointment within next next few days.
I don’t mean to sound idiotic but when feeding squash, green beans,and other veggies should they be boiled or uncooked? I’m gonna try feeding her different fruits and veggies mixed with various worms again. thanks
How did they determine she needed de wormers and antibiotics please? Did they do blood work ? Was a fecal done and how was it done? Fresh veggies should be raw and cut up --- did I post a nutrition website for you ?

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
How did they determine she needed de wormers and antibiotics please? Did they do blood work ? Was a fecal done and how was it done? Fresh veggies should be raw and cut up --- did I post a nutrition website for you ?
I just told the vet that she wasn’t eating. He did an xray. He didn’t request a fecal sample but will ask him to do so when I schedule a follow up. And bloodwork too. My beardie is so finicky that when I mix worms and fruits/veggie mixtures she eats only the worms. Not really sure if you posted a nutrition chart..my brain is on overload.thanks

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I just told the vet that she wasn’t eating. He did an xray. He didn’t request a fecal sample but will ask him to do so when I schedule a follow up. And bloodwork too. My beardie is so finicky that when I mix worms and fruits/veggie mixtures she eats only the worms. Not really sure if you posted a nutrition chart..my brain is on overload.thanks
NO ENEMAS-- the outcome can be disastrous!! Go over your UVB No coils basking temps what are they how are you taking them? No stickons - you need a digital probe thermometer--

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your uvb and basking temps control the dragons behavior and overall health-- please tell what your using ++ the dewormer and antibiotics are going to effect the appetite and if they gave them to her to just give it can make her sicker - causes for not eating is improper uvb basking temps relocation stress and parasites- it's possible she has parasites but you must take a fecal in -- NO ENEMAS

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Finally. After four appointments with three different vets over the course a minimum of 4 months My k

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Brain fart from last post. I meant to say:
Finally. After four appointments with three different vets over the course of at least 5 months my Kylo finally ate something other than live feeders. Of all foods he ate raisins. I’ve tried all sorts of mixtures like silk worms with blueberries and cactus with Phoenix worms and bearded dragon salad dressing with various fruits and veggies. I can go on and on. I’m a bit relieved but I’d like to get my dragon to eat a more diverse pallet of fruits and veggies. If you have any experience with getting your beardie to eat please chime in. Thanks. Wish me luck.