• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Front right leg limping

Zappier

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, so my bearded dragon started limping on her front right leg and it doesn’t feel like she’s controlling it a lot, she also doesn’t flinch when I touch her anywhere on her leg, what could it be?
The limp looks like it’s her walking funny like it’s happening in her shoulder.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all, so my bearded dragon started limping on her front right leg and it doesn’t feel like she’s controlling it a lot, she also doesn’t flinch when I touch her anywhere on her leg, what could it be?
The limp looks like it’s her walking funny like it’s happening in her shoulder.
Is there a hammock in the tank? If so is it a green mesh or a braided one type? What are you using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture? Are you using a green reptile carpet for substrate?

Zappier

Bearded Dragon Egg
Is there a hammock in the tank? If so is it a green mesh or a braided one type? What are you using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture? Are you using a green reptile carpet for substrate?
No there isn’t a hammock in the tank, but she does have a small ramp in her basking spot, I have a uvb tube for her uvb. And I’m using a mix of carpet and tile for her substrate.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No there isn’t a hammock in the tank, but she does have a small ramp in her basking spot, I have a uvb tube for her uvb. And I’m using a mix of carpet and tile for her substrate.
Ok so its possible she has snagged a nail in the carpet --- causing a sprain --- your UVB what brand and bulb please- they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen --- this will also help the shoulder heal as well

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Do you have any pictures of her, that you could post?
Please review your tank setup, lighting, etc, so we can be sure everything is correct. Is she able to move
around on it normally yet, or is she still limping?

Tracie

Zappier

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so its possible she has snagged a nail in the carpet --- causing a sprain --- your UVB what brand and bulb please- they have certain distance and placement depending on the screen --- this will also help the shoulder heal as well
Hi sorry I’ve attached a picture of her uvb to this message

Attachments

• 28C3C281-ADB6-49F6-9229-B488205030F4.jpeg
    28C3C281-ADB6-49F6-9229-B488205030F4.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1

Drache613

Hatchling Dragon
Hello,

Ok, terrific, the Reptisun 10 T5 tube should be perfectly fine for her.
You have it mounted on top of the screen or underneath of it? I hope that she is enjoying
the nice brightness of it.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi sorry I’ve attached a picture of her uvb to this message
So you have the UVB in a fixture/hood correct? Not just the bulb? It will need to be placed in the tank if the screen on your tank is a fine mesh like a screen door -- 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor- if your screen is a wide hole type then it can sit on top and the basking decor piece should be directly below 8-10 inches

Zappier

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello,

Ok, terrific, the Reptisun 10 T5 tube should be perfectly fine for her.
You have it mounted on top of the screen or underneath of it? I hope that she is enjoying
the nice brightness of it.
Let us know how things are going.

Tracie
I have it mounted ontop, she seems to be doing better but is still limping.

Zappier

Bearded Dragon Egg
So you have the UVB in a fixture/hood correct? Not just the bulb? It will need to be placed in the tank if the screen on your tank is a fine mesh like a screen door -- 12-15 inches directly above a piece of basking decor- if your screen is a wide hole type then it can sit on top and the basking decor piece should be directly below 8-10 inches
I have a wide mesh so it’s ontop,and it’s in a hood