• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food & poop questions (pics)

BeaBisou

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all. I’m a new Bd owner to Luke. He was rejoined with me because a friend couldn’t keep him. I’ve always been interested in having one so I did my research for care. He is 3 and barely over a foot long. He’s very social and eats a variety of super worms, collard greens, turnip greens and crickets. I do mist his salads and sometimes he will go after the bugs in his water dish if they crawl in, with no issues. He has a water dish and a Mercury bulb which I’ve read are some of the best. Temps are great and he’s always active.

He’s pooped twice in the last week since I’ve had him. This is my concern. Please tell me if this is normal. He’s not acting weird. In fact he really enjoys being out in the open and is great being handled. His poop does smell, but I do have two dogs and a toddler so I’m use to smelly ... poop. Is this normal looking?
Thanks for the help and finally glad to join a forum.

Attachments

• F0C16832-B8A4-4D2C-920E-8F96606A3F65.jpeg
    F0C16832-B8A4-4D2C-920E-8F96606A3F65.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
What mercury bulb brand are you using? How far is it from his basking spot?

The poop looks a bit watery, which could be from the misted salads or a sudden dietary change. The infrequent poops can be caused by a variety of things. Sometimes it's an incorrect setup, while other times it's their diet. Adults will sometimes go for a week or more without pooping for no reason. Stinky poops are normal-the "gifts" left behind by reptiles that eat meat or insects smell terrible.