• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Food chart with pictures

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey all,

I found this food chart on a SA website (reptilecity) written by Ian Bush. Very similar to the one on Beautiful dragons -only with pics ;D
I really loved the pictures with each item, so I decided to retype it and make a post here for everyone.
Hope you like and find it as usefull as I did. I actually learned something too. The patty pans I keep talking about and nobody knows what they are - well they are also known as scallop squas LOL

I also grouped them rather than listing them alphabetically. Its just easier to go to Staples and find all a-z their and then to rarely or whatever youre looking for.

FoodsPage1.jpg

FoodsPage2.jpg

FoodsPage3.jpg

FoodsPage4.jpg

FoodsPage5.jpg

FoodsPage6.jpg

FoodsPage7.jpg

FoodsPage8.jpg

FoodsPage9.jpg

FoodsPage10.jpg

FoodsPage11.jpg

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great chart...I might steal it and hold onto it with my stuff.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanx Lisa, You dont have to steal it though, you can have it ;)

Now maybe you (or somebody) can help me here, I also have it in PDF format. But how can I get a downloadable PDF on here. That way members can just download it and print it if they want ???

SoleSky

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Question about the meat. Can you feed them ground beef even though it says questionable. Would you cook it or no (I would cook it unless told otherwise)? I just want to brighten up his diet and meat seems like a small treat it would seem. My dog eats it but I have never had a dragon lol.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I am over protective and over cautios.
I dont even considder foods from the questionable or Never lists.
And rarely use the "rarely" list.
So far Ive only fed the staple and occasionals along with kiwi from the rarely list.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not to be a smart aleck... but you ever see any small reptiles hunting cows or chickens ?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Perhaps not.. but if you ask Red Ink Aus.. He lives in Australia.. he can give you the available greens list he has used.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not to be a smart aleck... but you ever see any small reptiles hunting cows or chickens ?

LMAO, I can just picture the beardies going after a cow with a lasso.

Insert Quote
Haha no but do you see collard greens in Australia?

Cant seem to get them here in SA either. But Ive found lots of substitutes like endive, escarole, turnip greens, mustard, rocket, alfalfa

It came out great Monique!

Thanx Candice

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I promise I will get you some collard seeds. They are coming, life has been crazy but I have not forgotten and keep thinking how I have to get some and get them in the mail to you.

Ok, time for you to kick my butt in gear and get some seeds

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:

Haha, I have heard that from another member on this forum. It cracks me up when people recommend chicken babyfood. It's like Whoa "Ever see a beardie chase a chicken? LOL I just don't do babyfood. I made my babies homemade babyfood when they were babies and my dragons get pudding made with greens/vegs/feeders when they need it.

BTW, I don't consider your comment as smart alecky more like funny....but true.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
wow thats really a great chart! thanks for posting it! I'll have to print this off for sure. Can you send me the link so I can get the PDA?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Solesky... don't feel bad.. you are just learning...

Sandy.. you know darn well who I was "quoting"...

Monique.. Nice list... thanks for sharing..

Everyone else.. g'nite Lucy!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
wow thats really a great chart! thanks for posting it! I'll have to print this off for sure. Can you send me the link so I can get the PDA?

I sent the PDF to Renee, she will upload or link or do something with it once she gets back. It could be 2 weeks give or take.
If anyone is interrested before that PM me your email adress and Ill mail it to you.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK I uploaded it to Google docs.
This is the link . . . hope it works cos Ive never done a document upload / share thingy before LOL

Food Chart

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Endive PICTURED on that chart is belgium endive. Belgium endive and English Endive look different. That's the wrong endive, with the right properties.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The Endive PICTURED on that chart is belgium endive. Belgium endive and English Endive look different. That's the wrong endive, with the right properties.

Whoooooooops Okie dokie, will look for a new pic and fix asap