• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

flukers buffet blend of reeze dried crickets, mealworms & pellets

gbrian

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello everyone

I had just bought a 4.40z of flukers buffet blend of freez dried crickets, mealworms, and pellets...Has anyone had any experience with feeding there dragons this.

I just wanted to switch off with feeding him his greens and alternate. I had given him his greens everyday along with about 9-10 medium to large crickets a day..and i just wanted to alternate

Is freezdried a good treat for beareded...I don't plan on giving him everyday though...maybe every other day

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've never tried the freeze dried products, I'm sure 1 of the other members can be more help. Welcome 2 the Forum.

Spikeleebd

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome to the Forum and if your beardie will eat them then give them too him but do not stop giving him his greens just add the freeze dried to his current salad and keep feeding him his crix or other staple food

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i use freeze dried food and meal worms and my beardies like it. . . i use it everyday in a bowl mixed it with a little water so the sent of the food will attrack them to it and also helps keep them hydrated. . . i feed this to them all day also mixed in salad so they can snack but i also give crickets at night and change thier bowl everyday. . . it seems to work and they eat it so it cant be that bad... here is my dried food/pellet mix of a day. . . veggie mix instant meal,juvenile bearded dragon food ((rep-cal)), NATRUAL juvenile bearded dragon food ((zoo med)), fortified food juvenile iguana ((zilla)), NATRUAL insectivoretreat ((healthy herp)) , and bearded dragon calcium plus((t-rex)) all mixed it toghtehr is perfect if your going that route between fat, calcium,protien, and vitamins. . . some are healthy and others attrack them to go eat the food and some add color and flavor to make them want more. . . i did a lot of studying and this is the best thing put togther and i know it sounds a lot and might not work for you but every dragon/lizard i have loves it and they seem happy eating it

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I had just bought a 4.40z of flukers buffet blend of freez dried crickets, mealworms, and pellets...Has anyone had any experience with feeding there dragons this.
i have been using it with all my beardies. iggy and lily are kinda picky but do eat it from time to time but max and honey bee go crazy for the stuff and amy is kinda starting to like them i give her the ones for babys cuz well...she is a baby(7 weeks old). what i do is i will give them about 9-10 pellets every day to 2 days in the dish with his greens put a little vita/calcium spray on it and spray them with my mister bottle so they are moist and they are getting a bit of water too. mine are not big fans of the freeze dried stuff unless i make it move but thats fine cuz i feed them live crix every other day and other goodies every once in a while. at first they just picked out the pellets and left the greens so i got clever and i let them watch me put their pellets under the greens so the had to eat their way through a few greens to get to the pellets. it worked like a charm.

Exile Skimmer

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
jynx stephens you my friend had the same problem as me and eating around everything but they will get used to eating evreything else and if you really wanna switch them over then cut back on what they like and when they are hungry they will start eating everything else and start liking it then over time they will just eat it all and not care

jynx stephens

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
it's odd... lately lily has been eating greens and stuff that she never used to eat and normally i have issues getting her to eat the pellets but yesterday she snatched 5 right outta my hand no problem lol

Strawberry

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
never feed your beardie only freeze dried crickets, just keep feeding them along with everything else. feeding only crickets will completely mess up the dragon's system, but freeze dried crickets, fruits and veggies, as long as your beardie eats a goodbalance of everything, should keep him/her happy and healthy for a good long time! :)

Brittany

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello everyone

I just wanted to switch off with feeding him his greens and alternate. I had given him his greens everyday along with about 9-10 medium to large crickets a day..and i just wanted to alternate

Is freezdried a good treat for beareded...I don't plan on giving him everyday though...maybe every other day

I've had really good luck with Flukers Buffet Blend which has freezedried crickets and mealworms in it; my beardy can't get enough of the stuff, he gobbles it down. I haven't tried just freezedried crickets though. I've heard that if you get a vibrating dish that it can help them want to eat it, because they think it's moving.