• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time Owner

Jared2Hundo

Bearded Dragon Egg
3E152492-4D0F-4E02-84A7-395CE7E2973D.jpeg
Hello everyone. I’m a first time dragon owner and I have to say I’m already loving this guy so much. I’ve had him for a week already and the little baby is growing. I’m feeding him a healthy diet of crickets and veggies. As well as giving him calcium supplement at least 2 times a week. I joined the forum in case I have question and need help from an experienced owner. I named my little guy Ragnar and I will update frequently with his growth. Thanks everyone.
685FE446-F5FA-4E17-94AD-0D5679E6DEB2.jpeg

Jared2Hundo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, a Reptisun 10.0 UVB and the other is a 100W basking bulb. I monitor the levels with a temp gun and maintain 105 degree basking spot and 75-80 on the cool side of his terrarium.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When people say they use a Reptisun 10.0 bulb they mean a tube style bulb. The compact fluorescent bulbs don't give off enough UVB to use long term for bearded dragons and the coil bulbs are really bad for their eyes. With both bulbs the dragon would need to be 4" or less from the bulb to benefit from it. A T5 size bulb is the best to use because it can penetrate a mesh top and still provide adequate coverage. You want your UVB bulb to cover 1/2 to 2/3'ds of the tank. You should be dusting the bugs every day one feeding a day. Most people alternate between calcium with D3 and calcium without D3 and then use a multivitamin a few times a week. Your temps sound good, you can even try bumping the basking temp up to 107.