• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First dragon

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys! Im getting my first dragon soon and wanted to make sure im doing everything right. Im getting a 40g tank, reptile carpet, small basking branch, 2 hides, fake plant, large water dish, uvb bulb (not a coil), night and day light. Is there anything im missing?

Beardie info:
2 years
Male
21in long
Previous broken back

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum, please take a look at the links below several of our comments the one saying general info for new comers.. You can also find the info in the general care section at the top..
No night time light is needed...

KrissyLeigh

Juvenile Dragon
UVB bulb should be the tube style, not a round bulb. No night time light. Day light should be a basking bulb (heat emitting bulb). No water dish - some keepers use them but I have found it raises the humidity and some dragons soak in them for extended periods of time which is not great for them.

Reptile carpet is good but difficult to clean. I'm partial to nonadhesive shelf liner and slate tile- personal preferece but something to consider. If he has had a broken back and suffers mobility issues make sure that he can't take any nasty falls off the climbing structures in the tank. And you could consider adding a hammock. Mine LOVES his hammock. :)

Yoongicorn

Bearded Dragon Egg
UVB bulb should be the tube style, not a round bulb. No night time light. Day light should be a basking bulb (heat emitting bulb). No water dish - some keepers use them but I have found it raises the humidity and some dragons soak in them for extended periods of time which is not great for them.

Reptile carpet is good but difficult to clean. I'm partial to nonadhesive shelf liner and slate tile- personal preferece but something to consider. If he has had a broken back and suffers mobility issues make sure that he can't take any nasty falls off the climbing structures in the tank. And you could consider adding a hammock. Mine LOVES his hammock. :)

Ok thank you I have to keep a night time light because our apartment gets below 65 at night. Ill deff get him a hammock! Thanks!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you I have to keep a night time light because our apartment gets below 65 at night. Ill deff get him a hammock! Thanks!
Since it gets below 65F get yourself an CHE ceramic heating element for heat and no light.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk