• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First clutch of eggs

T-Burns

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all, this is the first time my Bearded Dragon has laid a clutch of eggs. I have read lots of different things on how to care for the eggs but there's so many different beliefs so thought I'd join this forum to see what proper advice I can get.
My question is once the eggs start to hatch what do I do and how should I care for them? When do I move them from the incubator and when should I try to get them to feed? Also do I need a small bit of water in the viv when I place them in their new home?

HoomanSlave

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Are the eggs fertile?

Smithy

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all, this is the first time my Bearded Dragon has laid a clutch of eggs. I have read lots of different things on how to care for the eggs but there's so many different beliefs so thought I'd join this forum to see what proper advice I can get.
My question is once the eggs start to hatch what do I do and how should I care for them? When do I move them from the incubator and when should I try to get them to feed? Also do I need a small bit of water in the viv when I place them in their new home?
That's great news. Leave them in the incubator but crack the lid open. So they can adjust to the new environment out of the egg. They won't eat for a day or two and will absorb the rest of the albumen. Feed the tiniest crickets imaginable a few times a day. Separate the greedy ones, and be cautious as they are known to nip one another in a frenzy. Water is good as long as it is a shallow dish. Ensure they can get out by placing a stick or something in the dish. Ensure there are no other critters in the enclosure such as woodroaches or crickets. A shiny colourrock is good to place in the water so they see the water. Paper is ok to begin with, but soon enough they will be on small insects. It is remarkable how in a few months they will be 1/4 to 1/3 the size of mum and dad.