• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First Beardie

ReducedLunch

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello everyone!
I just picked up my first bearded dragon today. I've wanted one for quite a while but I felt like we couldn't add a pet to the house without taking time away from the ones we already had. Our hedgehog passed away of old age over the summer so I've been on the lookout for the right bearded dragon.

I work for a municipal animal shelter, so I've just been waiting for one to come in. We get them several times a year and they're usually in poor condition and in need of TLC. I really lucked out because this guy came in with almost everything he needed, is in pretty decent health, and is well-socialized. We picked up a few things on the way home and are waiting on a few more to come from Amazon but he's settling in nicely.

I named him Saguaro and my 3 yr old daughter is head-over-heels in love with "her" bearded dragon.

script>

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi, its awesome that you have rehomed a beardie, I bet you see some heartbreaking sights where you work. Any idea how old he is? Welcome to the forum anyway, you are in the right place if you need any info

Jacqui Gibson

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Thank you for rehoming one! Too often folks forget about rescues and shelters. Of course those do, too often, news a little TLC like you said. What other pets do you have?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new scaly friend! He looks like my male Simon.
I have 3 dragons, 3 cats 1 Am Bulldog and a Betta lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks pretty good for being dropped at a shelter. I have a girl that is missing half her tail that was abandoned in an apartment when her owners moved out. We are so surprised at her big heart, for going through whatever it was that she went through, she is one of the most loving animals. She loves cuddles and baths and being hand fed. She does get a little cautious with certain things and she doesn't like our other female beardie. We plumped her right up and she is doing great!