1. Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!
?

Is this normal??

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Valeria12

Valeria12 Bearded Dragon Egg

This is the second night he, (I’m assuming since he’s still a baby) has slept like this. He’s breathing I’ve made sure multiple times.. I don’t notice any other strange behavior. Do bearded dragons just sleep in weird positions? Or is mine extra special?

Attached Files:

2. JumpinJellyfish

JumpinJellyfish Juvenile Dragon

Both! :-D
    Dragons do sleep in all sorts of odd, uncomfortable-looking positions. But of course your baby is extra special - they all are. That's why we love them. :0)
    (That glass-standing sleep position is actually fairly common and completely normal)
  3. kaylynangel

kaylynangel Juvenile Dragon

Nighttime

NO COLORED LIGHTS! No red lights! No 'moonlight' lights!

If temperatures in your house drop bellow 65 at night, you will want a CHE.

It MUST be used with a ceramic socket dome. No plastic sockets! CHE's get very hot, and are a big fire hazard if housed in a dome fixture that doesn't have a ceramic socket.

For good health I recommend you read on this forum under General Discussion the Newbies Guide -- there is a ton of info under that thread
    kaylyn
  4. JenB

JenB Bearded Dragon Egg

I've got a cute little weirdo too -- Puff has been scaring me daily with the strange ways he sleeps! (I've had him 11 days), so you are not alone :)
    IMG_20190711_055902376.jpg
  5. kaylynangel

6. kaylynangel

All lights should be on for 12 hrs and off for 12-- no colored lights they disturb their sleep and are harmful to their eyes and can cause long term eye damage-- when I first got Hiccup he would sleep in his cactus-- he is way to big for that now-- so yes they do sleep weird
    Kaylyn
  7. JenB

JenB Bearded Dragon Egg

In his cactus?! Lol! For what it's worth, my lights are now on a timer, but I took this picture immediately after turning lights on in the morning. Our house is warm enough that I am not using lights at night.
  8. kaylynangel

And that is great because they need to have darkness for their metabolism to slow down--- better rest - if you need heat at nite like winter please get a Ceramic Heat Emitter CHE -- they produce no light only heat and come in different wattage bulbs--- I use one in the winter in mine keeps tank around 70 or so
    kaylyn
  9. Matthew McCarter

Matthew McCarter Bearded Dragon Egg

What kind of lights are you using exactly? You should have one T8 HO UVB tube light inside the cage hanging from the top and one basking heat light, there should not be any colored lights (red, or blue) at all