• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

fighting/tail very bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

noellensh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have 3 beardies. all about the same age 4. 2 have really ganged up on my one and now i think its too late! his tail is destroyed and looks like its decaying.(about 2 inches in the middle) IS IT??
i seperated him into a clean new cage, soaked him first in a warm bath for 20 minutes then put neosporin on it. please someone tell me it will be ok. i already lost one of my dragons due to not knowing about sand build up! i just dont want to get on here too late AGAIN

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If it looks like its rotting in the middle I would get to a vet asap. A vet will stop an infection or stop the wound from becoming septic. A nip here or there isnt uncommon with housing multiple dragons, but this sound like a story as to why you should never house them together. Keep us posted as to your progress. A picture would help to. I admit I am only guessing based on what your saying.
Tom

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to our forum. I'm sorry that you joined under these circumstances. But hope you find the answers you are looking for.

I agree with Tom. You should have him checked out by a vet. Bearded dragons are not social creatures and should not be housed together. This is all too common when they are. You may want to consider separating the other two. If they have already gone after one, it is most likely a matter of time before they battle out with each other.

noellensh

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i have them all seperated now. does anyone know if petsmart clinic will see him? i just moved here to clearwater fL and all i know is that from taking my dog to that petsmart vet. i really hope its not too late. thank you all for the quick responses. ive never had such a difficult type of animal like bearded dragons. i would neVER recomend someone just getting one before reading this entire website!!!lol

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I neglected to welcome you aboard, Sorry about that. When I get in info mode politeness is sometimes the victim. After a couple of months of owning your beardies you will be answering questions that come along. thats the whole point of a forum. Always teaching always learning.

randomracoon222

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah, you should seperate all 3! And if the cages are next to eachother, block them with a piece of paper or chunk of wood, anything like a solid wall you CAN'T see through. I hope his tail will be ok, Be sure to tell us if something happens.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
if you havent been able to get him to a qualified herp vet yet here are some first aide tips for while you search. first you want to clean the area you can use diluted hydrogen peroxide on the affected area make sure to clean the area well to get it off after you soak it for a few minutes (make certain you do not soak his entire body in the solution just the affected area you will have to hold him). Once you have cleaned the peroxide off of the area as much as possible, put a small amount of the neosporan on it and wrap it lightly in gauze (tite enough it will not slide but loose enough not to cut off circulation) during the day take off the gauze so that his heat will aide in drying the wound. repeat this nightly until you find a herp vet near you.

wish you the best of luck

Brian
Cryptic dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.