• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Female or Male Dragon?

goji0321

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi Everyone,
I have a beardie named Ash that I got from a breeder down in Florida. He is a zero morph. The breeder sold him to me when he was around 7 months old and had said he was a male. A few months later at his vet checkup, the vet confirmed male. Now fast forward about a year and our new vet is saying Ash is female I am not seeing any signs of Ash being a male, nor does he exhibit any male behaviors, like head bobbing. He is ~2 years old now so should be sexually mature. Would you guys be able to confirm if Ash is male or female? Not that I don’t believe the vet but I keep hearing contradicting things so it would be great to have a definite answer. And if Ash is female, what type of set-up do you recommend for her to lay eggs?

Ash is in shed but I have attached a couple photos of him/her and tried to show the underside lol. I can take more if need be.Thank you in advance!
-Kaitlin

Attachments

• E4F9B8A3-F0FC-4D5B-BE99-F7165D4ED189.jpeg
    E4F9B8A3-F0FC-4D5B-BE99-F7165D4ED189.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 27
  • B52F72B2-7DEA-467F-81CA-C9A7FB834C42.jpeg
    B52F72B2-7DEA-467F-81CA-C9A7FB834C42.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 29

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Everyone,
I have a beardie named Ash that I got from a breeder down in Florida. He is a zero morph. The breeder sold him to me when he was around 7 months old and had said he was a male. A few months later at his vet checkup, the vet confirmed male. Now fast forward about a year and our new vet is saying Ash is female I am not seeing any signs of Ash being a male, nor does he exhibit any male behaviors, like head bobbing. He is ~2 years old now so should be sexually mature. Would you guys be able to confirm if Ash is male or female? Not that I don’t believe the vet but I keep hearing contradicting things so it would be great to have a definite answer. And if Ash is female, what type of set-up do you recommend for her to lay eggs?

Ash is in shed but I have attached a couple photos of him/her and tried to show the underside lol. I can take more if need be.Thank you in advance!
-Kaitlin
Is this the same dragon? Please post a pic of Ash on a table w/ the vent towards camera w/ tail in the air-

goji0321

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes these are all the same dragon. Here are some other photos which might be a little better

Attachments

• 080C6167-5C77-49CA-8C0D-1F74D737721C.jpeg
    080C6167-5C77-49CA-8C0D-1F74D737721C.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 23
  • C0CF3A3B-31F2-4C8D-8572-4AC1F6A0830C.jpeg
    C0CF3A3B-31F2-4C8D-8572-4AC1F6A0830C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Female -- I can post laybox info for you
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.

Dk638

Hatchling Dragon
LAYBOX

potting soil that doesn't have any type of chemicals or fertilizers in it, mixed with sand, etc. Be sure it is at least 10-12 inches deep & that the mix is damp enough to where it will hold up to her making a burrow but not sopping wet to
have standing water.
Do you have to do this with females?